How do you Study? (2 Viewers)

Laids

HSC
i have only recently started doing general maths as i cant seem to focus in maths and have made my way from extension maths at the start of year 11 down to general by the start of year 12. im wondering if any of you know any good sites to get the past papers and stuff like that from.

khandigirl

psychotic wench
HSC
Laids - the BoS site is a great place to start for past papers :

http://boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/

just click on the relevant year / papers needed

also I have found success one maths book to be pretty awesome:D... we got them for like $15 through our school ... so i assume they're not too much to buy from bookstores...

anywho.....

just my 2 cents worth... prob not much help but eh

Dr_Doom

HSC
My guide to studying maths:
1) Read the start of each excersise, take notes on formulas and understand the examples.

2) Do the review chapter

3) Mark your answers to the review chapter

4) Everything that you got wrong, do it again until you get it right, and write the correct working on a piece of paper.

5) Night before the exam, read the paper, understand it all

6) Important, make sure you read it again the next morning!

Well that has worked for me, I got 99% for my first assesment, then 96% for my second.

Just make sure you do the review chapters and you'll be right ;)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
i find a easy way to remember stuff is to write summaries of the different topics,,,,when i finish i look throught it once, burn it (or dispose in some other way), and write another summary...this way the information is ingrained into your head, never to leave you your whole life. NOOOOO.......i dont want to think about time-dilation ever again!!!!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah, do you have an assesment? It's like 3 days until holidays! Yay! lol

Teighan

HSC
ok so someone said that a tutor isnt required for general maths...

ill have u know i did 2u for year 11 and now general for year 12 so that i could take an extension subject and not have to worry about difficulty in maths...

now u listen here (lol) general maths has some difficult concepts to grasp and for anyone who cant grasp them... dont u worry... get a tutor

L

lilsxcwog69

I just have my excel study guide and practice the hardest q's from it.

12345ihatethis

HSC
lol study .. hmm maybe that will bring my last test score of 18% up ... u reckon?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
12345ihatethis said:
lol study .. hmm maybe that will bring my last test score of 18% up ... u reckon?
if you thought that was bad, you wouldn't want to know what i got.

Tmoney

HSC
Teighan said:
ok so someone said that a tutor isnt required for general maths...

ill have u know i did 2u for year 11 and now general for year 12 so that i could take an extension subject and not have to worry about difficulty in maths...

now u listen here (lol) general maths has some difficult concepts to grasp and for anyone who cant grasp them... dont u worry... get a tutor
2 unit maths is different then maths general, maths general has a lot of wordy questions........ gettin a tutor is a great idea if u feel u need extra teaching, and thats wat it comes down 2.

xx__savannah

HSC
I study using mindmaps, and then I type a chapter review, draw diagrams, do examples if necessary, write formulae on sticky-notes on the top of each new exercise, and keep ahead of the class. Basically, I 'study' every two or three weeks, if there are no assessments.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
I study using mindmaps, and then I type a chapter review, draw diagrams, do examples if necessary, write formulae on sticky-notes on the top of each new exercise, and keep ahead of the class. Basically, I 'study' every two or three weeks, if there are no assessments.
The important is to practise applying formulae and concepts with your understanding to answer questions. ;)

S

STITCHtheBITCH

in realtion to general maths...if you do the work in class without muckign around you wont have to study.....i didnt no tutors existed fro genral maths, and if u do need past papers there are plenty of yr 8 and 9 papers that have the same questions on them...it is basically the same course...my little brother, currently in year 9, completed his last assessment exam and more than half the questions that were in it are what we are doing i ngernal maths....

Dr_Doom

HSC
STITCHtheBITCH said:
in realtion to general maths...if you do the work in class without muckign around you wont have to study.....i didnt no tutors existed fro genral maths, and if u do need past papers there are plenty of yr 8 and 9 papers that have the same questions on them...it is basically the same course...my little brother, currently in year 9, completed his last assessment exam and more than half the questions that were in it are what we are doing i ngernal maths....
SO TRUE! If you just do the classwork, and not muck about. I guarantee you will get high 80s!

Koray

HSC
For General Maths i chill in class and just listen to music, drink my water and eat apples and then study at home.
I got 93% for my first assesment in term 4 last year. Best way is get the topics your doing get the text boook do every question while checking progress get it wrong do it again then when you master text book questions use other types of questons such as other books which you can buy from book stores and you are set.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
I just do heaps of examples from my excel study guides and textbooks. Enough to gain me a position in the top 15 on two occassions.

up all nite

HSC
asherbueno said:
general maths can die... i never pass..
i also agreee... i cant seem to pass the fuking thing!......i know how to do the stuff.. but wen it comes to exams, i cant seem to apply my knowledge to it!

15% for first assesment
33% for half yearlys...

oh yes i love maths!!!

Last edited:

xxlambchopxx

HSC
i pretty much just look at past papers and different textbooks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)