• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do you tell a guy you like them (1 Viewer)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
For MOST people It is not easy to tell someone you like them, full stop...

I think you need to 'test the waters' a bit, before allowing yourself to be humiliated and rejected... You need to talk to the person, act as you would normally to one of your friends, and when your confidence builds up and you feel that maybe you have a chance, that is the best time to ask- so hey you wanna go out this w/e... I feel that is easier to ask before confessing to the 'l' word ('like')

If the answer is no then it's not like you've been 'rejected, rejected' but at least your not allowing yourself to be totally shut down, and then you know in the nicest way that he's just not that into you... (sorry too much oprah)

Last edited:

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
alic said:
im havin a bit of trouble tellin the guy i like that i like him as i dnt know if he likes me so how do you tell sum one that you like them??????????:wave:
You say "I like you" good luck

afro-girl

HSC
damn i dunno.. i think i really suck at that.... once i told a guy to his face he just pretended he didnt hear. another guy i told through my french friend on msn.. that was weird now hes not talking to me and we used to b pretty good friends. so yeah.. i wish someone would tell me too...

alic

HSC
hey thank you everyone but what i done was made a deal with on of my best friends if i hadnt told him but lunch she was goin to tell him and she did tell him and he siad he liked me 2 and hen i went a had a cha with him and yeah

sykes06

HSC
yea... if you just say i like you you might get shot down, but better that than to wonder what could have been. you gotta decide if how much you like him is worth the risk of gettin shot down. if it is, then just say i like you

helsie

HSC
ok, i have a feeling that most of you people here (especially the guys) are gona have a problem with me saying this. but lets get it straight, this is my opinion, and i dont care.

now, girls have to go through alot of shit:
first one is our fukin periods, which are completely uselless and stupid for those girls who dont wana have kids. what kind of a system is bleeding outa your virgina for 5 days every month!!! like wtf
and for the girls that do wana have kids, im sure that carrying a baby in ur belly for nine months aint fun, let alone going through labour.
girls also dont get as much freedom as guys. this pisses me off.
and i hate the fact that guys say stuff like "you belong in either the kitchen or the bedroom". we are not your slaves. (i understand that not all guys are like this, im just pointing it out)
i also dont think its fair that its so easy for most guys to come. some girls can only come with a vibrator...like wtf. basically the female body is fuked up down there.

so due to these reasons, i believe it is the guys duty to deal with all the mental strain of asking a girl out. therefore, in my books, girls dont ask guys out. girls should sit back and relax, and let the guy do all the chatting. :)

of course you are all free to argue this and express your opinion. but it wont change my opinion.

HSC
Ok as far as i can tell your argument is this:
Girls go through numerous physical pains and therefore should not be given the added "burden" of asking a guy out.

That is the biggest pile of horse shit i have ever read in my entire life and ive read the Bible. I am in fact rather offended at this arguement in fact. Had you proclaimed the glories of the good old days when gentleman still existed and chivalry was commonplace then yes, you would have a valid argument.
Instead, you're having a stereotypical bitch sessions about your damn periods which are so emotionally traumatising that you couldnt possibly put yourself through such a strenuous process as going up to a guy and saying that you like him.

If you like someone, tell them, dont pussyfoot about.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
helsie said:
ok, i have a feeling that most of you people here (especially the guys) are gona have a problem with me saying this. but lets get it straight, this is my opinion, and i dont care.

now, girls have to go through alot of shit:
first one is our fukin periods, which are completely uselless and stupid for those girls who dont wana have kids. what kind of a system is bleeding outa your virgina for 5 days every month!!! like wtf
and for the girls that do wana have kids, im sure that carrying a baby in ur belly for nine months aint fun, let alone going through labour.
girls also dont get as much freedom as guys. this pisses me off.
and i hate the fact that guys say stuff like "you belong in either the kitchen or the bedroom". we are not your slaves. (i understand that not all guys are like this, im just pointing it out)
i also dont think its fair that its so easy for most guys to come. some girls can only come with a vibrator...like wtf. basically the female body is fuked up down there.

so due to these reasons, i believe it is the guys duty to deal with all the mental strain of asking a girl out. therefore, in my books, girls dont ask guys out. girls should sit back and relax, and let the guy do all the chatting. :)

of course you are all free to argue this and express your opinion. but it wont change my opinion.
On the point of "Cuming". I find it unfair that women have the potential to orgasm a significantly larger about of times then men can.

I find it unfair that women have breasts.

Also, on a more serious note and after viewing your argument, I find it unfair that you think that men should ask almost every women that they come into communication with.

Because this is what happened if we followed your line of logic, men aren't able to pick up on the multitude of vague hints and signals (which would have to remain so seeing as the onus of asking the person out is, by your logic, on the man), which can easily be misinterpreted.

So pretty much, at the very last, I would like to ask you how you feel about men having several female partners. As that would be the case, with so many men becoming psychologically ill as a result of being barred when they asked every woman who communicated with them out.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
hello, this is my first post but i have a dilemma:

There's this guy in my lecture who is REALLY hot. The thing is there are 300 people in the lecture, and I can't get to talk to him because he is always surrounded by these chatty girls that follow him around like a flock of seagulls. What can i say if i ever get a chance?

HSC
Lewinsky is a whore.

But anyway, as to hot guy in lecture surrounded by women (bastard...) perhaps a conveniently timed fire evacuation? If you're not that serious then just follow him round (discreetly) for a little while after lectures until hes not surrounded by other women.
If this is never the case then systematically eliminate them all.

Last edited:

helsie

HSC
litany said:
On the point of "Cuming". I find it unfair that women have the potential to orgasm a significantly larger about of times then men can.

I find it unfair that women have breasts.

Also, on a more serious note and after viewing your argument, I find it unfair that you think that men should ask almost every women that they come into communication with.

Because this is what happened if we followed your line of logic, men aren't able to pick up on the multitude of vague hints and signals (which would have to remain so seeing as the onus of asking the person out is, by your logic, on the man), which can easily be misinterpreted.

So pretty much, at the very last, I would like to ask you how you feel about men having several female partners. As that would be the case, with so many men becoming psychologically ill as a result of being barred when they asked every woman who communicated with them out.
on the point of "cuming" check out page 48 of the 'sex position' thread

on the point of you wanting breasts, go buy some oestrogen tablets and enjoy your man boobs!

your argument on the 'men asking girls out' doesnt make sense. i dont think men want to go out with every woman that communicated with them. that's like your saying that you want to go out with every girl that has ever spoken to you.

helsie

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Ok as far as i can tell your argument is this:
Girls go through numerous physical pains and therefore should not be given the added "burden" of asking a guy out.

That is the biggest pile of horse shit i have ever read in my entire life and ive read the Bible. I am in fact rather offended at this arguement in fact. Had you proclaimed the glories of the good old days when gentleman still existed and chivalry was commonplace then yes, you would have a valid argument.
Instead, you're having a stereotypical bitch sessions about your damn periods which are so emotionally traumatising that you couldnt possibly put yourself through such a strenuous process as going up to a guy and saying that you like him.

If you like someone, tell them, dont pussyfoot about.
i dont understand what you mean by 'Had you proclaimed the glories of the good old days when gentleman still existed and chivalry was commonplace then yes, you would have a valid argument".

can you please explain that in another way?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
helsie said:

i dont understand what you mean by 'Had you proclaimed the glories of the good old days when gentleman still existed and chivalry was commonplace then yes, you would have a valid argument".

can you please explain that in another way?
wtf? how is that hard to understand?

SuPeR BiTcH

HSC
LOL nicely spoken helsie.... and someones been doing their research on vibrators.... we need to have a talk latr missy
o i guess i have to put my opinion on this topic ey.... hmmm lets c... yes it is the guys duty to ask the girls out... its not like they have much to put up with... and dont come with the i dont wonna get rejected shit cause it aint that muc easier for us to reject u guys lol
then again unless ur gay... then u should b working on asking another guy out... but then i dunno who should make the move :S...

BUT NEVA FORGET EVERYONE CAN AND WILL B AN ISLAND.... WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL TO LIVE LIFE.... so if neither of u lot make a move... be happy to know uare an island... hopefully with coconuts :D

and helsie.... find betta ways to spend ur time ... so now i know wat u do rather then study for chem :p or leave the house

helsie

HSC
^ LMFAO nice to see you've become as sad as me and started posting. haha aint we gona have fun on here :D

and about the vibrator thing...well i cant help it if my sista comes into my room waving a cosmo magazine in my face while im studying...what am i suposed to do! i simply must read it with it her! lol
and then of course share what ive learnt on here...lol SHARING IS CARING!:lol:

HSC
kathelle said:
Ugh god, way to promote gender equality girls...

I think girls have the same responsibility as guys when asking someone out. Don't say "Oh we have to deal with so much shit WAAH WAAH WAAH", face the fact that you don't have the courage required and aren't willing to put yourself up for rejection. You expect preferential treatment in some areas and gender equality in others.......you frustrate me....
Kathelle, you are truly a goddess amongst mortal women.

As to your misunderstandinig Helsie, what i meant was that if you thought the reason that guys should ask girls out was because that used to be the honourable thing to do in the "good old days" then i would accept your argument as valid. I might still disagree but it would at least be a valid argument.

Your, argument, however, is blatantly discriminatory and expresses a total disregard for gender equality and thus i find it to be not only fallacious, but offensive to women.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
helsie said:

on the point of "cuming" check out page 48 of the 'sex position' thread

on the point of you wanting breasts, go buy some oestrogen tablets and enjoy your man boobs!

your argument on the 'men asking girls out' doesnt make sense. i dont think men want to go out with every woman that communicated with them. that's like your saying that you want to go out with every girl that has ever spoken to you.

if you can't understand my argument, then what can I say?

I will put it in simpler terms.

I find your comment on the fact that the man shoud bear the onus of asking the woman out as, to put it lightly, silly and illogical, and as Kathelle said, "You expect preferential treatment in some areas and gender equality in others."

And also, Super Bitch, it's a guys "duty" to ask a woman out? You seem to be a person who is agreeing completely with helsie, let me ask you this question then.

Helsie says the that the asking of a person out is a burden and seeing as women have " so many problems " already, the man should bear it. However, you unwittingly refute her argument when you attempt to reinforce it. This is evident when you state, "and dont come with the i dont wonna get rejected shit" and how "[there's] not like they have much to put up with", where you say how it's not a big deal and thus imply that it is, indeed, not even worthy to be named a burden.

So, tell me why you agree so vehemently with helsie when your comments themselves are contradictory to that of her own?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)