How do you think you did? (1 Viewer)

ahmi

HSC
tomcats said:
man, you are making me feel even worse now , i was disgusted by paper 2 questions, "how language influence the way we relate to others and world"? wtf, ive never come across these sort of questions b4. and what is that "information sheet"? man, i totally stuffed up..........

still hoping for a 85+ though... :(

dun worry....
I am in the same situation...
the the word "language" really gave me so much panic that I just forgot wt to write...as we are doing Cinema Paradiso, and we didnt even look at the script, our teacher just kept going on and on abt the camera and other stuffs......I just bullshit abt it....then after I finished the whole thing....I realised its "different forms of language" which can be argued as visual language...DAMN

English for study was ok....

Listening paper was ok too...except I didnt really quite finish my last answer....but I've written most of it....

hoping for 85+ though too....

Last edited:

MarsBarz

HSC
Gosh that question on cinema paradiso was absolutly horrible. What language features? Come on what is this bullshit?
I had studied camera shots, use of music and then they ask me a god damn question on language?? In a movie? I wrote three pages of absolutly incomprehensible rubbish for that question.

I can't believe how unfair this exam was to those who had studied the movie instead of the other TEXTUAL NARRATIVES!

And then listening.... all the questions just repeat themselves? Yeah good one board of studies stupid shemale pieces of shit. You go right ahead and give us more BIASED BULLSHIT QUESTIONS which don't reward people who can actually speak english properly and have studied their texts.

I'm getting really pissed off here.

ahmi

HSC
MarsBarz said:
Gosh that question on cinema paradiso was absolutly horrible. What language features? Come on what is this bullshit?
I had studied camera shots, use of music and then they ask me a god damn question on language?? In a movie? I wrote three pages of absolutly incomprehensible rubbish for that question.

I can't believe how unfair this exam was to those who had studied the movie instead of the other TEXTUAL NARRATIVES!

And then listening.... all the questions just repeat themselves? Yeah good one board of studies stupid shemale pieces of shit. You go right ahead and give us more BIASED BULLSHIT QUESTIONS which don't reward people who can actually speak english properly and have studied their texts.

I am so AGREE with you........
HATE THIS STUPID PAPER......

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
MarsBarz said:

I totally agree!! I wrote in a whole booklet... i wrote the essay we always learnt in class... I think they like playing around with the words n questions..
I didnt even finish!! 1 hour is not bloody enough for 2 essays!! Even the second part.. make it shorter man! Make it something which u can actually at least finish in 20mins or somethin so that u can have more time for part 1!! I did soo much better for paper 2 in trials..

But paper 1 was easy.. finished it, and answered correctly! hehe

hey u no wat hapnd to us..
We listened to the CD 3 times ... Coz the supervisor accidently unplugged the tape recorder, so we had re-listen to it.. hehe//

Anyway, it wasnt really worth it... the listening wasnt that bad.. i found it easy..

most importantly.. we're over n done with english.. got other subjects to stress out about now!! All the best with the rest everyone!! And ramadan kareem to all Muslims here :)

Salam..

polomolo

HSC
desperate cat said:
but i phoned the advice line before and asked if we could use point form when writing a feature article and pamphlet. the teacher said if u r well prepared, you wouldn't use point form, which implied he didin't encourage us to use point form.
i dunno.
lol...i think you understood the wrong idea from me and then from the advice line ppl as well...
I did not write the whole text in point form. try and grab a study guide and see how they inform you about the way to study it.
the text we had to do wasnt a feature article, it was supposed to be an Information sheet, which just Informs about something. informative texts have to include Straight forward language, repetition, and point form to make it clear for the studnets reading the sheet, to understand what to do...its a way of instructing the students of next years year 12 on how to write the "at least two" texts that you included in your response.

e.g.
The job application letter would have to include the following:
* your qualifications.
*your interests.

blablabla

What the advice line people (probably) understood by you, was that you were running out of time, or didnt know how to do the structure of the response, so you wrote in point form...and what they meant was if you were prepared enough, you wouldnt run out of time, or would know how to have your structure set out for your Feature article or Pamphlet, therefore not even write in point form.
cause i dont think these ppl even know about the questions...well they might've seen it b4 you had called...but i doubt it. they just simply help you in very limited and general ways.

Last edited:

HSCExamMarker

HSC
N/A
HSCExamMarker said:
for english for study..

the information sheet thing was very confusing..

what i did was like.,.. i seperated into few chunks

and hav big headings and underlines

and explained it in pretty simple language rather than hard vocab or structure

however, some of my friends actually wrote an essay for dat..

the way i did is rite? (headings, concise points)
lol...so the way i did is rite??;;

all of my class apart from me wrote essays -_-;;;

alexou

Yeah i think you did it in a right way because i did the same thing, i had headings and titles and all that, some of my classmate wrote essay as well and some evem tried to write out the syllabus...he thought the question was asking him to write out the syllabus...i was like what??? anyway, it asked to write an information sheet, well i think the most approproate form would be similar to report style which you and i have done. Im not sure maybe im wrong but at least this is what i think.

rong

i stuffed my informationsheet question...i did it in the form of a speech or essay or whatever you call it ...that has a introduction and body with paragraphs and paragraphs...complete sentences...no heading..no tables...no dot points...............i am in a very bad mood..does anyone know...how much mark they will take for wrong text structure??
one other question....what kind of answers you guys put for the last question for the listening...the one about the thought mood something like dat..~?

HSCExamMarker

HSC
N/A
rong said:
i stuffed my informationsheet question...i did it in the form of a speech or essay or whatever you call it ...that has a introduction and body with paragraphs and paragraphs...complete sentences...no heading..no tables...no dot points...............i am in a very bad mood..does anyone know...how much mark they will take for wrong text structure??
one other question....what kind of answers you guys put for the last question for the listening...the one about the thought mood something like dat..~?
Oh well...according to trial marking guide...you might lose a lot...
I am not sure how HSC examiner will look at...
Neverthless, i am not really sure which one was right form, essay or report form
so no worries until everything is clear :p;;

for the last question in listening. I wrote..:
The speaker tries to imitate his grandmother's voices to establish a sense of reflective atmosphere. Further the detailed descriptions about grandmother's appearance forms a thoughtful mood of the story. e.g) she has blue eyes and big smile..

..well this is almost exactly same as what i wrote in my paper...
I was quite confused with everysingle questions, since i felt that many questions were quite overlapped. lol

I am not sure what i did is rite or not...any comments???

HSCExamMarker

HSC
N/A
alexou said:
Yeah i think you did it in a right way because i did the same thing, i had headings and titles and all that, some of my classmate wrote essay as well and some evem tried to write out the syllabus...he thought the question was asking him to write out the syllabus...i was like what??? anyway, it asked to write an information sheet, well i think the most approproate form would be similar to report style which you and i have done. Im not sure maybe im wrong but at least this is what i think.
Yay~ cross fingers :p

polomolo

HSC
rong said:
do you think i will lose about 10 marks on bad structure?......
Nooo..not 10, thats like half isnt it?...no way, its about 5 marks for structure...thats what i know from the way my teacher used to mark.

Tom-Tom

i think i did ok after all. questions were confusin in both paper 1 n 2 bt... paper 2, english for study question was really sweet so was listening paper.
BUT lets jst stop thinkin bout esl! its gone n u cant changed da past! my room is pretty clean now coz i chucked al da esl crap. happy studyin 4 all the other subjects mate

jaafar

u rock my world
HSC
MarsBarz said:

dont worry, language features in a film is another way of saying camera shots/angles, music,dialogue etc.

MarsBarz

HSC
jaafar said:
dont worry, language features in a film is another way of saying camera shots/angles, music,dialogue etc.
How is it the same? Language features implies just that: features of the language. Now not only does Cinema Paradiso NOT CONTAIN ANY FUCKING ENGLISH SPOKEN LANGUAGE, but to add to that bullshit it is a MOVIE. I don't see how you could possibly correlate camera shots with language features. The question was ambiguous and absolutly unfair. Sure I had plenty to say about camera techniques but you know what, I didn't mention ANY because the question asked about language features. So I wrote three pages of bullshit.
If the board of studies awards marks for people who talked about techniques over language features I'm going to kill someone.

ahmi

HSC
MarsBarz said:
Sure I had plenty to say about camera techniques but you know what, I didn't mention ANY because the question asked about language features.
I did the same thing....
but....after the exam, I looked at the paper again...
"Language in its DIFFERENT FORMS influences the way we see........"
u really cn argue the word "language" into film technique
visual feactures can be interpreted as "language" without words,
as they are still communicating ideas..................

I stuffed it up.........and I thk I stuffed up the structure of my information sheet too...sigh.....

ahmi

HSC
rong said:
Hey~ did you go to the English Revision Day in Homebush Boys during the holiday
Chill~I wrote sth similar, but after I went home, I looked at that English for Study booklet, they hv an information sheet question on 2001, and it has a sample essay.....it's kinda a mixture of speech and essay thingee too....except with a heading, which I didnt do -_-.....so I thk it's not that much of a problem

for the answer for the last ques...I put use of flash back of events with his grandmother.....

rong

ahmi said:
Hey~ did you go to the English Revision Day in Homebush Boys during the holiday
Chill~I wrote sth similar, but after I went home, I looked at that English for Study booklet, they hv an information sheet question on 2001, and it has a sample essay.....it's kinda a mixture of speech and essay thingee too....except with a heading, which I didnt do -_-.....so I thk it's not that much of a problem

for the answer for the last ques...I put use of flash back of events with his grandmother.....
no i didn't go ...didn't know there was one..but if i knew..i won't go too~~haha ~~too far...gosh.. you comforted me ..the last question..i wrote flash back of events too~~~and pauses .smthing like that.. don't know if it's right..cos it's kinda like his thought mood but not ours..~~~

desperate cat

HSC
i went there, i wonder if that teacher knew this question beforehand, cuz that booklet has everything we need to use! but i didn't pay attention to that part, i though stupid text features wouldn't be tested :mad: how come everything go against me!!! i prepared for all those research technique, time/stress management... :(

Last edited:

desperate cat

HSC
i went there, i wonder if that teacher knew this question beforehand, cuz that booklet has everything we need to use! but i didn't pay attention to that part, i though stupid text features wouldn't be tested :mad: how come everything go against me!!! i prepared for all those research technique, time/stress management... :([/QUOTE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)