• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you work at home (for ppl with siblings) (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by aud
they don't have a concept of why I need silence because they haven't been in Aust that long, my youngest brother's only been in Aust since September,
?? Do you mean that they are young and werent born long ago? You just have to make them fear you remember fear of embarresment to their friends also works.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
?? Do you mean that they are young and werent born long ago? You just have to make them fear you remember fear of embarresment to their friends also works.
No, adopted from Colombia as an older child... they don't fear me... unfortunately... and at the moment, my brother has no friends that he hasn't made cry because he bashes them :D Without meaning to, of course.

Sugar

HSC
I can understand how you feel. I have two younger sisters, and they always talk, scream, laugh all the time! :chainsaw:

I tell them to shut up, and that usually works because they don't want to mess with me when I'm angry! :p

They also play piano, which really annoys me when I'm doing my work because I can't concentrate. I try to reason with them and tell my little sister to play when I'm not doing my homework/studying.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by aud
No, adopted from Colombia as an older child...
Threaten to send him back ;), or just keep them awake for a few nights (preferably when you have a few frees so you can catch up on sleep) until they get the idea that if you cant study during the day you will have to study at night and make a fair bit of noise.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i have a very similar problem, i have a younger bro and sis and they both want the net which is in my room there is no other place to put it....they distract me when i am studying on the other desk, or even when they dont use the net they need help with hmk...i tried the library doesnt work..i know people there!...so i wake up at 4 in the morning only time i get productive work done

miss_pie

HSC
i think ive scored. i have 2 little sisters who are annoying as shit, but i have an office which is a renovation in the garage, so its loverly and i cant hear anyone :)
i feel for you all though. i know what pains in the arse little 'uns can be

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
<marquee> lock them in the wardrobe and sew their lips together! </marquee>
I think you have gone a little crazy with those marquee scripts.

token girl

HSC
i know, cherrybrook sucks for places to go eh?...hmmm....do you have to be home to watch them? you could walk down to greenway or somewhere...or back to school if the library's open.

my house is usually pretty quiet, and I can usually ignore it, or do rote stuff (like maths) while its noisy and wait for a quiet time to actually think

aud

HSC
Originally posted by token girl
i know, cherrybrook sucks for places to go eh?...hmmm....do you have to be home to watch them? you could walk down to greenway or somewhere...or back to school if the library's open.

my house is usually pretty quiet, and I can usually ignore it, or do rote stuff (like maths) while its noisy and wait for a quiet time to actually think
I know... until they expand the Village... And Greenway's so dirty~! But yea, have to watch them at home... or more like, sit in my room working while they're doing their own stuff... and school library shuts at 3:30

aud

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
go to distant library...chrerrybrook lib? (is there one?)
No Cherrybrook library... no Cherrybrook anything :p Nearest library would take maybe a 15 minute car trip or public transport... but this is Sydney Suburbia, we tend to steer away from public transport :D

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
meh cherrybrook aint as bad as west pennant hills....damn...its a hole lol

aud

HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
meh cherrybrook aint as bad as west pennant hills....damn...its a hole lol
Cherrybrook is so as bad as WPH, at least you have places to go to~! Except you put your WPH Sports Club ten metres inside the Cherrybrook boundary :p

Waiting until they expand the Village... but then we'll become so... Castle Hillish... which I don't really want, but sort of do, it is kinda boring around here...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by aud
Lately, I've been getting so annoyed, I have two brothers 10 and 7, and they don't stop talking, it's physically impossible for them... the latest technique I have is bringing the youngest in to sit on my floor and sit in silence while I work, but I hear every sound in my house, does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Do earplugs work?
LoL- thats nothing man, in my house there are 9 ppl. all up...and its only a double storied, 3 bedroom house(and yes, i applied for crowded living conditions under EAS)...the best think to do is to try and study in late nights and early mornings, that what i would try to do-when i was in the hsc. u might also wanna do some work at skool, during free periods, and keep the "peak times" to easy things like assignments and stuff! :D

as wif ear plugs- they never stop the sound, and they make me go to sleep. LoL

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by aud
No Cherrybrook library... no Cherrybrook anything :p Nearest library would take maybe a 15 minute car trip or public transport... but this is Sydney Suburbia, we tend to steer away from public transport :D
i thought da castle hill library was reasonably close to cherrybrook...

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
I have one little sister, and that's enough... and we only have one computer, so when i need it, i can never get on coz she won't get off it!.. i don't think either my mum or my sister realise the enormity of year 12!

Last edited:

aud

HSC
Originally posted by ZeGoat
i thought da castle hill library was reasonably close to cherrybrook...
Castle Hill's still 15 min away, and it's not part of the Hornsby/WPH/Epping loop, but they are building a huge one at the moment, should be good...

I manage to get most Maths h/w done at school during my 9 frees a week, but still so much to do...

I'm a big sleeper, unfortunately... go to sleep at 11pm, wake up at 6:30 and I'm still tired all day... waking up earlier to work would kill me (or see me killing everyone around me :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)