How does anyone find a decent significant other? (1 Viewer)

ay0_x

HSC
Guy tried to chat me up at the RTA the other day. Would've been receptive if I hadn't been so anxious and busy.

I don't know why people make such a fuss about not being able to find anyone. Chances are they're being too picky or narrow-minded.
Or they're really really ugly.. otherwise I agree with you.

I'm very plain Jane & I get chatted up everytime I'm out, unless I'm with guy friends. There's nothing that's more of a cockblock.

Also if you walk aruond with a big frown/scowl on your face you probably won't be approached either.

Smile, give a shit about your appearance and it's easy.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
+1, how many people do you meet at work, uni, through friends, in the lift, lots of potential
is the random highs really worth the downward fall once its over?

i guess its stupid to wait until you find 'the one' because you can never really find it. it finds you.

ay0_x

HSC

i guess its stupid to wait until you find 'the one' because you can never really find it. it finds you.
There isn't such a thing is the "one". There are many people in this world who are compatible with you and at different stages in your life will/will not be "the one". Someone who is "the one" for you may not be in 20 years time.

the idea of "the one"/soulmate is so depressing I don't know why anyone likes it =\

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

So what you should stay single for the rest of your life to avoid breakups?

Worst logic ever.

Also, this mythical idea of 'the one' is such bullshit. There are tons of people who you would be compatible with but there are also a number of variables that would affect how your relationship would play out with them.

You don't have to be constantly looking for someone to be with but completely avoiding relationships because you don't want to deal with the inevitable end is simply stupid.

ay0_x

HSC

Worst logic ever.

Also, this mythical idea of 'the one' is such bullshit. There are tons of people who you would be compatible with but there are also a number of variables that would affect how your relationship would play out with them.

You don't have to be constantly looking for someone to be with but completely avoiding relationships because you don't want to deal with the inevitable end is simply stupid.

She said what I said in a smarter way :cool:

And really, the inevitable ends aren't that bad. They hurt for a while and you get over it and if you're smart you look back at the whole experience (unless it was an abusive relationship or something) with nothing but fond memories.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
There isn't such a thing is the "one". There are many people in this world who are compatible with you and at different stages in your life will/will not be "the one". Someone who is "the one" for you may not be in 20 years time.

the idea of "the one"/soulmate is so depressing I don't know why anyone likes it =\
'the one' was in ' for a reason.

Worst logic ever.

i never said avoid it. but there are stages where you see a downfall and then think to yourself - 'was this really worth it'?

and please note i actually wrote 'the one' in apostrophes for a reason.

i don't get where you gathered that u shuld wait for 'the one'.

ay0_x

HSC
'the one' was in ' for a reason.

i never said avoid it. but there are stages where you see a downfall and then think to yourself - 'was this really worth it'?

and please note i actually wrote 'the one' in apostrophes for a reason.

i don't get where you gathered that u shuld wait for 'the one'.
Maybe because there was an air of sadness in your post?

Eventually after the downfalls you look back and think "Hey, I'm glad I did that, made me a better person". I cried 9383983 times after my first relationship and regretted it so much.. When I was graduating I was like "Hey, cool, I had a high school relationship. Some people miss out on that, but looking back, hell, that was fun.".

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Are you saying you should not give people ago because it might not work out? The only way to find out is to give it a go

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC
Dude, most of the time it DOESNT WORK OUT.

However, that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile.

You only live once.

Etc. etc.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Maybe because there was an air of sadness in your post?

Eventually after the downfalls you look back and think "Hey, I'm glad I did that, made me a better person". I cried 9383983 times after my first relationship and regretted it so much.. When I was graduating I was like "Hey, cool, I had a high school relationship. Some people miss out on that, but looking back, hell, that was fun.".
yeah i'm in abit of a tough position atm so i guess that my post had a sense of sadness.

just being stupid, but hard to not feel like what i feel like atm though.

Are you saying you should give people ago because it might not work out? The only way to find out is to give it a go
agreed

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
imgs.xkcd.com/comics/regrets.png

I'll just leave this here.

I live my life in column A.

ay0_x

HSC
yeah i'm in abit of a tough position atm so i guess that my post had a sense of sadness.

just being stupid, but hard to not feel like what i feel like atm though.

agreed
Awh well, just know that one day, you will see it as a learning experience and not a regret.

Until then... listen to crappy love songs. Because believe me, someone's been there before.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Awh well, just know that one day, you will see it as a learning experience and not a regret.

Until then... listen to crappy love songs. Because believe me, someone's been there before.
*love* crappy love songs =].

they make you feel so much better somehow. or make you cry, depending on your frame of mind. i just love it. haha.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

yeah of course.

my stable self will be saying the exact same things at the moment.

i actually love listening to crappy love songs . did it before and whenever you hear it again - you're like oh lolz.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
imgs.xkcd.com/comics/regrets.png

I'll just leave this here.

I live my life in column A.
Hahaha column A is me all the time but without the shitty regrets part :p

The only time a relationship breakup doesn't teach you anything is when you don't feel anything from it. Then it was most probably a waste of time being with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)