How does anyone find a decent significant other? (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i changed schools at the beginning of year eleven and my current boyfriend asked me out before i'd even been there a month. we've been together since then. and yeah.

i'm not one of those people who always has to have a boyfriend, it kind of just works out that way. my previous relationship was a year and three months, which is decent for year nine standards.

my love life always just seems to work itself out.

ay0_x

HSC
Assholes flock to me.

Oh wait, you said DECENT...

Uh. Don't be anything like me. And then you probably would.

veruschka

HSC
Let's say you see a girl at the grocery store. What are the odds that she will be physically attractive, not stupid, fun to be with, not a whore, not a gold digger, single, AND interested/attracted to you?
You get a 50/50 chance. She either is or she isn't.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You get a 50/50 chance. She either is or she isn't.
thats not how probability works.

You have 7 variables (attractive, smart, fun, not a whore, not a gold digger, single, and interested in you), EACH variable has a 1/2 chance of being right.

i dunno how to work it out ([1/2]^7 ?), i really suck at probability, but its definitely NOT a 50/50 chance that a random girl u see at the grocery will have ALL those attributes.

ay0_x

HSC

You have 7 variables (attractive, smart, fun, not a whore, not a gold digger, single, and interested in you), EACH variable has a 1/2 chance of being right.

i dunno how to work it out ([1/2]^7 ?), i really suck at probability, but its definitely NOT a 50/50 chance that a random girl u see at the grocery will have ALL those attributes.
Variables schmariables.

You haz too much standards.

Attractive AND smart? hahahahah unlikely. Attractive, smart AND fun? haha even less likely. don't even get me started on the rest k.

veruschka

HSC

Ah but you see my friend, everything has a 50/50 chance. For instance there is a 50/50 chance that someone will reply to my post. They either will or they won't. It's the same thing with the chances of finding this girl. You either will or or you won't.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Variables schmariables.

You haz too much standards.

Attractive AND smart? hahahahah unlikely. Attractive, smart AND fun? haha even less likely. don't even get me started on the rest k.
those arent my standards, im just referring to the quoted post :)
Ah but you see my friend, everything has a 50/50 chance. For instance there is a 50/50 chance that someone will reply to my post. They either will or they won't.
yea but when there's more than 1 variable, the probability changes.

ay0_x

HSC
Yes but the chances of finding a girl with all those variables is inevitably 50/50.
Really now?

Only if you define the following terms as:
attractive= doesn't look like rosie o donnell
smart= isn't clinically retarded
fun= doesn't put you to sleep
not a whore= didn't fuck your dad and brother
not a gold digger= only makes you pay for her 'NEEDS' (Macca's, presents, movies) but not wants (clothes, makeup, petrol)
single= doesn't have an official "boyfriend" but is "talking" to about 7 guys
and
interested in you= isn't completely repulsed by you.

By those definitions then yes, I agree, it's 50/50.

But in the real world, um hello, attractive, smart, fun, nonwhorey nongolddigging girls are NOT single.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I apologise if this is frustrating you. I was once like you and tried to argue against the logic of this 50/50 theory. But its logic is infallible.
probability of flipping a coin and getting heads is 1/2, right?

How about with 3 coins? Is it still 1/2?
u can get HHH, TTT, HTT, HHT, so thats now 1/4 chance.

how about 7 coins? cbf'd working it out, but it most definitely wont be 1/2.

veruschka

HSC
probability of flipping a coin and getting heads is 1/2, right?

How about with 3 coins? Is it still 1/2?
u can get HHH, TTT, HTT, HHT, so thats now 1/4 chance.

how about 7 coins? cbf'd working it out, but it most definitely wont be 1/2.
The chances of all three coins landing in the formation which you have specified is 50/50. It will either happen or it won't.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i think shes talking extremities.

you are either 7 of those or not (ie. u cna be 5/7 of those but that means you're not those 7).

only a very select few find those that cater to every expectation. its al about compromise

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Through friends of friends, through anything really.

Art and culture, out drinking, through people.

It's an incredibly rewarding experience when you find someone and share something beautiful with them.

The best thing in the world.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Guy tried to chat me up at the RTA the other day. Would've been receptive if I hadn't been so anxious and busy.

I don't know why people make such a fuss about not being able to find anyone. Chances are they're being too picky or narrow-minded.

veruschka

HSC
haha, i get what ur saying now :)
I see the validity in your argument though but because the question is a Boolean question, whether it is true or false (1 and 0), it is therefore a 50/50 chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)