How hard is it to get a 95 UAI (1 Viewer)

Drone23

HSC
Hey,
i'm just curious; how much does it take to get a 95 UAI. i.e what marks are u looking to get if you were to be doing:

2u maths
adv eng
ext eng
eco
business
religion (2U)

What sort of marks will i need to be getting, please also bare in mind - i got to a private school (if that makes any difference)

Just want to know so i can get my mind set

Thanks
Drone23

absorber

HSC
Hey,
i'm just curious; how much does it take to get a 95 UAI. i.e what marks are u looking to get if you were to be doing:

2u maths
adv eng
ext eng
eco
business
religion (2U)

What sort of marks will i need to be getting, please also bare in mind - i got to a private school (if that makes any difference)

Thanks
Drone23
About 90 in each subject (that's external), or the one unit equivalent. Going to a private school means nothing, it's the school rank that really means something. Internal marks are harder to judge

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
About 90 in each subject (that's external), or the one unit equivalent. Going to a private school means nothing, it's the internal rank that really means something. Internal marks are harder to judge
Fixed. School rank means nothing, as I've heard countless times. There have been 100 UAI's (formerly known as ATAR now) at non-private and non-selective public schools. It's really your own dedicated effort and smart study.

absorber

HSC
Fixed. School rank means nothing, as I've heard countless times. There have been 100 UAI's (formerly known as ATAR now) at non-private and non-selective public schools. It's really your own dedicated effort and smart study.
Dude it does matter. my ranks are 25/50 in each subj, my school is ranked first. My ranks are 25/50 in each sub, my school is ranked 250. I'd think there'd be quite a difference. Yes, internal ranks matter. But school rank is also very important

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Not hard. I think low 90s and mid 90s in some subjects would suffice.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Aim for at least 90% in everything and it shouldn't be very hard. 93 in everything should get a 99 in most cases.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
High band 5s or a mixture of mid band 5s + low-mid band 6s..

Assuming you go to a decent school that have exams with the same difficulty as the HSC, you should be aiming for:
2u maths, you'd be looking at around 80-95%
Adv Eng, around 70-85%
Ext Eng, 70-80%? I dunno much about Extension Englishes
Eco, 70-85%
Business, 80-95%
Religion, 90%+

As long as you're not just at the bare minimum of these marks, you should be able to get a 95~

maths94

HSC
Hey,

2u maths
adv eng
ext eng
eco
business
religion (2U)

Thanks
Drone23

just throw in some numbers in the sam calculator..

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Sam takes in the HSC mark. He wants to know what marks he should be getting in his school assessments, ie. raw internal mark. Sam can only use your aligned mark..

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It's about this hard:
|---------------------------------------------|

(NB: not to scale)

jellybelly59

HSC
Dude it does matter. my ranks are 25/50 in each subj, my school is ranked first. My ranks are 25/50 in each sub, my school is ranked 250. I'd think there'd be quite a difference. Yes, internal ranks matter. But school rank is also very important

most school ranks fluctuate every year, some even by 200 spots? it's not really about the ranks of the school, more about the strength of your cohort during the year you are doing the hsc.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
most school ranks fluctuate every year, some even by 200 spots? it's not really about the ranks of the school, more about the strength of your cohort during the year you are doing the hsc.
Exactly, but if you go to top 10 schools that pretty much don't budge then you can afford to have lower ranks than someone from say a school ranked 300th :)

sickk

HSC
still doesnt mean shit, gives you a good INDICATION of where your at. of course, being 25/50 in school rank 1 is > than 25/50 in school rank 250, BUT just because you go to a low rank school doesnt mean you cant do well. similarly, you can go to a high rank school and still do shit. as someone already pointed out, the school rank is determined by the year who completed HSC LAST YEAR and as such has no bearing YOUR results

Scinery

HSC
considering that internals are over, aim to get 100% in every HSC exam exam. people at SHIT schools have FAILED some of their trials and MUST have got 100% in every hsc exam because their final marks came out as 90+, with uai's 95+.

so yah, just study.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
the only factor school rank plays in is during estimations - nowehere else.

to OP - not very, i winged hsc english (both papers) and played games throughout the year - got95+

HSC
It's about this hard:
|---------------------------------------------|

(NB: not to scale)

LOVE it! hmm i always wonder about people who aim for a specific mark or atar/uai. i mean, why not pull out all the stops to get the greatest results possible, and open the greatest amount of opportunities for yourself? why stop at what you want right this minute? why give a half-assed attempt?

that's just my personal opinion. but really, isn't it true?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
..Because I only need 89 to get into the course that I want to?
Some people know what they want to do, they don't need more opportunities

HSC
yes. but why not see what you can achieve, rather than limiting your own potential?
in understand your opinion, mine's just different on this topic.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Yeah I understand yours too
It's just that.. I like mucking around :)
Don't want to force the pressure of doing well on myself. I have thought 'why not do your best and see what you can get' but then yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah the internets pulled me in :D

HSC
Yeah I understand yours too
It's just that.. I like mucking around :)
Don't want to force the pressure of doing well on myself. I have thought 'why not do your best and see what you can get' but then yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah the internets pulled me in :D
HAHAHA! Oh too true! Totally get it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)