How hard is it to get into UNSW and USYD?? (1 Viewer)

vicisaur

HSC
I really want to get into UNSW or USYD, problem is...I got no idea what degree I want to pursue in the future-which means I don't have a goal for what atar mark I need. Since these two are the top 2 most sought out universities in Sydney, the competition must be high. But how hard would it be to get into UNSW or USYD in general?

5uckerberg

HSC
Okay, a clear statement would be one needs at least an ATAR of 80 to even try entering into these unis, and more if you want better options. But I will let others speak on this subject as well.

icycledough

HSC
I really want to get into UNSW or USYD, problem is...I got no idea what degree I want to pursue in the future-which means I don't have a goal for what atar mark I need. Since these two are the top 2 most sought out universities in Sydney, the competition must be high. But how hard would it be to get into UNSW or USYD in general?
Honestly, by aiming for the best ATAR you think realistic (can be slightly ambitious) and hopefully achieving it, you can definitely get into any course at these 2 universities. The problem is that there's hundreds of courses combined at both these universities, some of which may require an ATAR in the 70s, some of which need an ATAR of 99.95 generally (USYD med). So it's really hard to determine unless you have an idea of which course you want to do.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
aim to get the highest atar you possibly can in order to keep most lanes open, this is what I did bcz I also had remotely no idea what to pursue. as others mentioned the requirement depends on the course but the higher your atar the more courses you can decide between, which is ideal for someone who isn't dead set on something specific

5uckerberg

HSC
The next part is also important when you decide on the course don't go for something just because it has a high ATAR, find something you want to do and that you see yourself enjoying that career and degree in 50 years time. But yeah a high ATAR is important because it enables you to be open to many degrees.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
The next part is also important when you decide on the course don't go for something just because it has a high ATAR, find something you want to do and that you see yourself enjoying that career and degree in 50 years time. But yeah a high ATAR is important because it enables you to be open to many degrees.
yes heavily agreed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)