How Hard Is University? (1 Viewer)

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
The job prospects of two people who succesfully completed the same degree but got different grades will still be exactly the same.
wot?

xsjado

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
The job prospects of two people who succesfully completed the same degree but got different grades will still be exactly the same.
hmmm....

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
I mostly agree.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
ConquerDiscover said:
That is completely incorrect.

I wouldn't have even got an interview for my present job with a transcript full of Ps.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Iruka said:
That is completely incorrect.

I wouldn't have even got an interview for my present job with a transcript full of Ps.

that depends on what degree you completed and how competitive a position for that job actually is

spence

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
I aim for what I can realistically achieve - Pass or Credit (if credit is the next thing after pass).
How could you know what you can realistically achieve if you've never been to uni?

ConquerDiscover said:
In many cases grades won't make much difference but I'm pretty sure there are many cases in which grades are very important for job prospects

Last edited:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
a PS Basic competence all parameters

a CR Basic competence all parameters PLUS demonstrates higher level competency on some parameters

a DN Higher level competency all parameters PLUS exemplary competency on most parameters

a HD Exemplary competency in all parameters

as u can see, someone with just passes has huge gaps in their knowledge. knowing only 50% of the subject is quite poor in my opinion

Last edited:

that bloke

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
I aim for what I can realistically achieve - Pass or Credit (if credit is the next thing after pass).

What are you talking about?? You have not even started uni yet dingus.
Put it simply. 2 identical humans, only difference being that one has P average, other D average.. who will you employ??
One is not particularly bright and/or doesn't properly apply themsevles. One is bright and/or does apply themselves. Find me the twit who employs the guy with P average.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
if your a uni student who only manages to get P's sooner or later your gonna fail a few

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
that bloke said:
What are you talking about?? You have not even started uni yet dingus.
Put it simply. 2 identical humans, only difference being that one has P average, other D average.. who will you employ??
the one who played the most sport, probably

sad but true

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's as hard as you want it to be. But you'll get used to it. I used to have to study consistently from week 1 to pass (though that just might've been my paranoid first year self), and now I leave it till stuvac and I still pass (with roughly similar marks). Credits is about what everybody gets. Distinctions and higher require actual effort. I would say though, that each semester is like an HSC in itself.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
can you post your degree and the workload?
You can ask us so many questions and we can give you so many answers. Its time for you to experience it on your own.

Good luck.

lou071

HSC
N/A
in uni, do you really need to join a study group? so many people talking about study group and wondering if it is necessary,

and is it true that you all have weekly assignment regardless of your degree? this is told by my friend who does commerce/ engineering

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: How Hard Is University?

lou071 said:
in uni, do you really need to join a study group? so many people talking about study group and wondering if it is necessary,

and is it true that you all have weekly assignment regardless of your degree? this is told by my friend who does commerce/ engineering
study groups give you the advantage of discussing answers and so on.

as for assignments, engineering ones have new assignments usually every 2 - 4 weeks, you want to let your team down?

EDIT:

The (engineering) lecturer assumes that students in an assigned group work on the assignment together, but in reality the components are split up and no-one reaps the benefit of teamwork.
This is caused by self-studying.

Last edited:

that bloke

HSC
no. you don't need to join a study group.
no, not everyone has weekly assignments. In my experience few units have weekly assignments. Chill out junior.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Why do you ask so many inane questions?

Who cares what sort of booklet they give you, as long as you can write in it.

Miss Winey

HSC
I think Uni is just different from the HSC.

I can't define "harder" for you,

but it is definitely challenging, material and work content wise.

however, i think it is less tressful.
Which makes the whole experience less stressful.

Unlike the HSC, you won't have your parents, school teachers, tutors, media, friends hassling you all day, everyday about HOW IMPORTANT the HSC is.
All these people will not give a damn about how you go in uni.
they won't talk about assessments at all really.
so thinking about it less, also makes it less stressful.

It is really upto you, to turn up to class and do what is required. there won't be a teacher to check your homework, no one to check if you are in class..... the daily deadlines are gone!

Also, in the HSC, you HAVE to know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.
you need to know all your "dot-points" back to front.
There are no dot-points in university.
some subjects don't even have exams!
Some subjects test you on the knowledge 6 weeks into it, and you can forget it after that.
You only need to know what the lecturer deems as examinable, and everything else is "for interest only"

so, overall, more complex but more refined content. less daily stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)