• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
_muse_ said:
to be completely blunt and honest? im not.
Neither really! I feel simultaneously that I have A) No work to do; B) Alot of work to do; C) No time to put towards school; and finally D) I have already failed myself by not putting 100% towards HSC, and not achieving the UAI I want/need.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Trev said:
Neither really! I feel simultaneously that I have A) No work to do; B) Alot of work to do; C) No time to put towards school; and finally D) I have already failed myself by not putting 100% towards HSC, and not achieving the UAI I want/need.
im sick of the teachers getting in 'motivational speakers' from last year in who got UAI's of 90-something to come in and talk to us. IT DOESNT MAKE ME FEEL MOTIVATED... if anything, it makes me want to give up. "blah blah blah study 5 hours a night blah blah blah" yeah well, some of us dont finish homework til midnight, stuff doin 5 hours of study after that! grrr they make me feel like crap

Trev

stix
HSC
_muse_ said:
im sick of the teachers getting in 'motivational speakers' from last year in who got UAI's of 90-something to come in and talk to us. IT DOESNT MAKE ME FEEL MOTIVATED... if anything, it makes me want to give up. "blah blah blah study 5 hours a night blah blah blah" yeah well, some of us dont finish homework til midnight, stuff doin 5 hours of study after that! grrr they make me feel like crap
Ah yes, this year the students that came to our school with 90.00+ did not talk to us, rather the principal spoke for them - very pointless and it pissed alot of people off. We don't want to listen to what the principal has to say about the students year, that does not give us insight and personal experiences. Completely bullshit. This was all due to the year before, a guy who got 95.xx saying how he did absolutely nothing through the year and left everything to the last minute, living on berocca and booze. Haha, what a champ, that at least gives me hope then :p

she's_beck

HSC
How am i coping with the pressure of HSC?
Basically Im so annoyed at myself because I have not placed a routine to suit the demands of HSC.
This is my routine at the moment.
(During School Days)
4.00- Watch T.V and Eat (contimplate the time I should STOP)
5.00-Sleep (Most effective part of my afternoon-I love my sleep)

Depending on an unplanned interruption I will wake up at around 8.30 and think OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE lol

Then I punish myself by doing my homework till 2.30am. Which is very stupid because I get so tired the next day of school that I end up doing the same routine! ( I am very much a night person)

As for weekend work....Somehow in my brain I feel like I shouldn't do homework on Saturday night because it doesnt feel right! I think it is a withdrawal symptom of my previous holidays. As for Saturday day-it is wasted because I wouldve slept in due to my deep liking for rediculous amounts of sleep. Or if i happen to wake up early I agree to have a "well deserved" break and play couch potato or go shopping for most of the day. Lastly, on Sunday I have work untill 4pm and I laugh at myself at the thought of the homework I havent done when I get home.

And at this very moment I am feeling quite tempestuous at the fact that I have dedicated time to write this post, when I could be effectively doing homework.

Funnily enough I get good marks in the end. But if I devise a HSC adaptable routine, I just might have hair left by the end of the year. :uhhuh:

YEP ......that's my life and how I cope with the "pressure's" of HSC i.e through ignorance. :D

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i reckon its so crap
how the hell are we meant 2 "study" when we have so many assessments and we get so much homework each night
i cant study each night coz im doing homework!
and assessments shit me 2!
grr...im motivated 2 do assessments
but study is different...:(

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
_muse_ said:
i have a secret to tell EVERYONE...
the hsc is a hoax! i truly beleived that i would get 75 at best. the amount of work i put in was abysmal and pathetic to say the least. i completely crusied through the hsc and i am not the sort of person that can cruise and get good marks

i pulled an 87.2 and now im studying law....
all my friends got at least 8 or 9 uai points above what they expected/needed/wanted...
just relax kids and believe me when i say that the hsc is a hoax and that the trial hsc is the most demoralising experience ever... the trial is hard, the hsc is as easy as a shit.

goan_crazy

HSC
TurboTom said:
i have a secret to tell EVERYONE...
the hsc is a hoax! i truly beleived that i would get 75 at best. the amount of work i put in was abysmal and pathetic to say the least. i completely crusied through the hsc and i am not the sort of person that can cruise and get good marks

i pulled an 87.2 and now im studying law....
all my friends got at least 8 or 9 uai points above what they expected/needed/wanted...
just relax kids and believe me when i say that the hsc is a hoax and that the trial hsc is the most demoralising experience ever... the trial is hard, the hsc is as easy as a shit.
congrats turbotom
where u studying law at?
isnt it like over 90 but 2 get in2 law?
thats wat i wanna do
how many units did u do?
im doin 11 i dropped a subject
thanks for the encouragement to us all turbotom :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
:)
joe_m_2000 said:
congrats turbotom
where u studying law at?
isnt it like over 90 but 2 get in2 law?
thats wat i wanna do
how many units did u do?
im doin 11 i dropped a subject
thanks for the encouragement to us all turbotom :)
haha no worrys! yeh im studying communications media studies law at wollongong... mate i came from a rural school so i received 3 EAS points plus i had to travel on a bus more than an hour and a half everyday which gave me anothe bonus 2. that got me into the 92 course nicely!
look the simple fact of the matter is and please dont think im talking myself up, if i had of applied myself, even moderatly then i could have pulled a 90 mark... i kinda regret that i didnt but hey im where i wanted to be and doing what i wanted...
the pressure of the hsc is a complete hoax. people talk it up to be the be all and end all of life and that if you fuck it up then thats your only chance... dont listen to that shit.
a persons self worth and chance at being successful in life can not and should not be judged on the strength of their uai...
my advice, just chill guys. if you stress to much about marks and uai and uni and shit then you will burn out. apply yourself but not at the expense of having a social life. its ok to go out in year 12!
good luck 05'ers

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The secret too the HSC is to stop caring around half yearlies time, that way you don't burn yourself out. I managed an HSC physics exam mark of 87 on 3 hours of sleep, no physics study in the preceding 4 months and walking out an hour and a bit early:p

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
yeh it honestly isnt worth stressing til about a week b4 trials at the earliest. dont burn urself out now, u have another like, 8 months to do. its ages, so dont worry. it actually is easier than u think it will be. it is amazing but once ur done ur like, oh, i could do that again.....
its alright dont stress!

Danoz The Great

HSC
I'm all good with it. I think the secret is summarise your notes every so often, so then, you aren't stressing as much before the trials.

fakingtheday

HSC
2 Assignments due this week and a 2 day field trip to Maquarie Marshes
English Week After
Half yearlies

Yeah i'm feeling fucking great. Not to mention i'm dreaming people come into my exam and steal my fucking papers. Mainly english. Not to mention a D&T major work that i can't be bothered doing now.

goan_crazy

HSC
ive got an english assessment on king lear
IPT assessment 3 parts
RE assessment which i hav no fuckin idea bout
maths assessment
all coming up
not to mention half yearlies 2
this is great! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)