How many books have you read so far? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am into reading these days. I have read 8 200-word books in 10 days.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't count the books I read. It's probably quite a few because I read 200 page books in one sitting. Sadly, I still suck at English. :(

Ezzzgi

HSC
Mmm, I don't count either - but heaps. Probably about one a week depending on length during the term. And in the hols WAY more than that :D I'm always reading; I used to get yelled at by my parents coz I'd be reading instead of doing homework.

I also loved The Book Thief. And The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. But I can't remember when they came out and when I read them...

My reading time has diminished crazily this year though :(

Norma.Jean

HSC
Hmm....lots :D
Usually I can finish an 1000 page book by the end of the day....if it is really good :)
and i'm not doing anything else...besides bathroom and food and that is IT.

ratcher0071

HSC
Norma.Jean said:
Usually I can finish an 1000 page book by the end of the day....if it is really good :)
1000 pg book in a day!!!!!!!!

:hammer:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I'll have dry spots and spurts. For example, up till last Sunday, I hadn't read for 3 months. Now it's Wednesday, it's the holidays and I've read three books; "pride and prejudice", "Carpe Jugulum" (Terry Pratchett) and "Rainbow 6". Hard to estimate yearly count.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I have hardly read at all this year I've got books sitting there waiting to be read, which is a first for me as normally im sitting there waiting to find another book.

I just recently read Marcus Zusak's 'The Book Thief' & Eoin Colfer's 'The Airman' which was a bit similar to The Count of Monte Cristo except a more elementary approach.

E

Empyrean444

Haven't counted my number of books. I tend to be a slower reader, as i am bothered if i do not understand individual words/references/allusions, meaning i often read over these passages/sentences a few times so as to glean the maximum meaning from it. I do not read a lot during term time
The books i can remember reading this year are:
Gulliver's travels.
The Divine Comedy (dante) - this was hard
The Aeneid (Virgil)
All Quiet on the Western Front (school)
The Red Badge of Courage (school)
Myriad and many history books (or parts thereof)
At the moment i am reading the Iliad. i'm almost finished
Probably read some other stuff, but these titles are the most memorable.

xJennax

HSC
I've read one book this year because I had to for English. LOL. It's weird too because my ranking for english is 1/105.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds weird, but since year 7 we've had a 'wide reading log' and I've formed a habit of writing down books I read there. So in 4 years I've read about 335 (including non-fiction books and repeat reads)...about 80 books a year.
Sadly I haven't been reading much at all this year...I used to read during the holidays, but yearlies next week, must study!

Then again, the books I used to read were a bit...meh. I'd love to sit down and read a good, lengthy book though...

My English skills are still pretty crap, as always. :(

janchanisek

Durian
HSC
this year i've read close to 50 novels.. despite being in the year of the hsc lol
and yeh i love reading
and no im not a nerd
i just read fast
and between the half yearlies and trials, in around 120 days, i read 30 novels, so 1 every 4 days yeh...

emmalinarina

yeh that's right. It's me
HSC
wow. i can't remember them all. I love reading, and am not really a nerd [grin]. But I do love reading. also i'm obsessed with the twilight series so i read them on average about once every two months (there's four of them).

Some of the books I've read this year are: (including textbooks)

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (all about 5 times each), Picture Perfect and Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult, Antony and Cleopatra, Animal Farm, The Turning, Cosi, An Imaginary Life, All the Harry Potter Books, the Da Vinci Code, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Three Wishes (some random book), Wurthering Heights (actually better than I expected), etc etc.

Can't remember anymore right now, but I have read heaps of random ones....I'd say I read about 70 or 80 a year :rolleyes:

emmalinarina

yeh that's right. It's me
HSC
Norma.Jean said:
Same. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in six hours with one break:uhhuh:

If it's a good book I just can't put it down. I've stayed up past twelve on a school night reading before.:eek:

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
12 books this year so far, but usually I read like 80 books a year.

ATM I'm really digging Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London

jess.ford

HSC
i've prob read bout 75 books so far this year, i read bout 2 a week depending on wats goin on with school and my friends!!!

the latest ive read a book has been till bout 6 in the morning and then i got up and went 2 school. In the last couple of months ive had this thing bout Kathy Reichs books (the lady the bones TV series is based on), all the jane austen books and christopher Paolini.

Last year i prob read 125 - 150

Since the movie has hit I have become obessed over the twilight saga, its funny coz I had no idea bout these books but after I saw the preview for the movie they just appeared everywhere.

Last edited:
With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
nerdsforever said:
Average number of books most people read in a year is 50. (source: reader's digest) That means from January 2005 to June 2005, most would or should have read about 25

So far in the year..... If you've read:

5 or below : must not like reading
5 - 10 : aint good
10 - 15: below average
15-20: read a bit more to catch up
20-25: average. doing well
25-30: above average
30-35: must love reading
35 + : superb...that means over 70 books a year! :rofl:

Let me start first. I've read:

Oliver Twist, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Digital Fortress, Mansfield Park, Book of Lies, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, My Place, Feeling sorry for Celia, The Child Called It

That means I read 11. Below average. Multiply that by two and that means I read at least 22 books a year . .
Dude, there's always something to eat into the once-extant, now-non-existent leisure time, such as institutionalised education.

I've tried to read a little more this year.

DoomBuggy

HSC
The only time someone counted how many books i'd read over a length of time was one of the librarians at my school when i was in year 7. In the length of a year i'd read something like 600 books or more (some of them being reborrowed/reread). I think some of the reasons for the amount was because i read while i was on the bus to and from school (hour long trip, one guy even tried to tease me for reading -.-) and during the holidays and some lunchtimes, year 7 didn't have much of a workload and i didn't have many classes with my friends that year.

I'm like a bookworm on speed :p

studentcheese

HSC
I don't count. I haven't finished reading a book yet this year. I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo. It's taking me ages and I don't have much time. :(

Gdedaj

Procrastinator
HSC
Hmm.
All i've read is Twilight, Eragon, Song of The Lioness Quartet and Northanger Abbey atm.
These holidays I have to read Wuthering Heights and The Fiftieth Gate.
I havn't read much the last few terms. My bedside table is starting to show it to haha. I have....17 books to read.. -.-
I've started to read Wicked and a few others, but i havn't really felt like reading recently :0

I blame the hsc. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)