How many hours of study are you currently doing? (1 Viewer)

Maryanayeah

HSC
We legally start in week 3(which is monday).. But yes we have started in some subjects such as english ( belonging )

pHyRe

HSC
Legally? I read somewhere on the BoS website that you can start it after finishing the prelim course...

So then, what are you doing in subjects you haven't started?

Maryanayeah

HSC
Yeah apparently you should start in week 3 in NSW, i don't know much tbh.. Well since theres nothing much to do we already tried starting such as looking at the syllabus, what we will be doing, introductions of the topic we will be doing except for maths, . but we are "officially" starting next week.. if that makes any sense lol.

Riaa

HSC
Today: None.
Generally, it is 3hours a day. I am still in the process of making notes/practice essays lol.

pHyRe

HSC
Yeah apparently you should start in week 3 in NSW, i don't know much tbh.. Well since theres nothing much to do we already tried starting such as looking at the syllabus, what we will be doing, introductions of the topic we will be doing except for maths, . but we are "officially" starting next week.. if that makes any sense lol.

Oh okay, that's weird. I'm in NSW too, we've just gone straight into all the topics like chemistry we're doing the first module stuff like that.

Riaa

HSC
How are you starting year 12 next week? We're already 2 weeks through the HSC course in every subject except maths, cause maths is complicated with all the courses.
Really? For me we had Australian Business Week in the first week back of Term 4.
The week afterthat went straight into the HSC course.

Maryanayeah

HSC
Yeah we have done that for PDHPE and ENGLISH. but for eg say SOR 2, we are doing prelim work but linking it to hsc if that makes sense.. Oh well lol !!

hayabusaboston

HSC
Just a warning, you DON'T need to study a lot for HSC, 1-2 hours per night is plenty. Don't forget to have fun or you will easily burn out.
Agreed, especially since most BoS'ers are generally smarter than average, they will learn stuff quicker and retain for longer. I thought I would be studying hours and hours each day in yr 12, though it seems I just remember everything I need to first time, dont need to spend hours roting it all each night. I reckon the 2 week before exam notification thing is the optimal amount to get everything down pat pretty easy. For first three terms of yr 12 anyway I guess. For trials and maybe half yearlies probably gonna start prep 6-8 weeks before. Shall see.

harrietty

HSC
Isn't that a disadvantage? You'd be 2 weeks behind everyone else....
We started HSC day 1 of this term... That's the whole point of year 11 only going three terms, so we get a whole year of HSC.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I am totally unmotivated, putting in a whopping 1 hr a week , outside of homework.
I'm sure heaps of people feel the same.

My work ethic and study time certainly has improved since the beginning of this term compared to Year 11 but still a bit incosistent at times.

I'm sure that most of us will become heaps more productive as the first wave of HSC assessments start nearing. For now, it still feels like Year 11 and the motivation shoudn't be at all time high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)