How many of you missed out for your course by like 1-3 marks! (1 Viewer)

kinship

HSC
Congrats on finishing the hsc and getting your UAI's everyone! Seeing that we use the UAI to decide what uni we go to, im sure everyone's already compared their UAI to their desired course lol.

I feel so jipped when i look at my UAI and compare it to how much i need! i got 89.05 UAI and needed 90.2 UAI to get into Commerce at UNSW (i got band 5 in 2umaths and 2eng and e4 in 3eng, to get the 5+ HSCPLUS points lol).

Anyone else just scrape what they really wanted?? And if you did, Best of luck in getting in!!! =D

(Edit: As Rafy pointed out we dont know our cut-offs, but compared to last years one how did you go lol?)

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, we don't yet know the cut-offs for next year?

cxlxoxk

HSC
Exphate said:
Not necessarily. If everyone decides they want to do an education degree and no one wants commerce, entrance marks will change dramatically.

<3 Rafinator.
in that case would it increase or decrease for the education degree?

SUSYKINS

HSC
AHA me im 2.55 marks awaaaaayy from my education course i wanna do at ACU the thing is my uai is pretttttyy low so hopefully the uai w ill be a litttle bit lower than last year.. because it dropped 10 points from 2007.

Lauren22

HSC
i missed out on my Ba Psych by 1.7.... but i got bonus 3 points for living in the UOW catchment area.. and 1 band bonus point...just got in.. although i thought i was going to get a UAI in the 90's...

savio23q

Band
HSC
Missed out on physiotherapy by 2.95

Commerce by exactly 1

Both at USYD :(

Fingers crossed for a cut-off decrease

Last edited:

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Just do eco and transfer to Comm B. First yrs both eco and comm b do the same course.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
kinship said:
Congrats on finishing the hsc and getting your UAI's everyone! Seeing that we use the UAI to decide what uni we go to, im sure everyone's already compared their UAI to their desired course lol.

I feel so jipped when i look at my UAI and compare it to how much i need! i got 89.05 UAI and needed 90.2 UAI to get into Commerce at UNSW (i got band 5 in 2umaths and 2eng and e4 in 3eng, to get the 5+ HSCPLUS points lol).

Anyone else just scrape what they really wanted?? And if you did, Best of luck in getting in!!! =D

(Edit: As Rafy pointed out we dont know our cut-offs, but compared to last years one how did you go lol?)
hey how do you know what you got, for example you said you got band 5 in 2Unit Maths, how you know that? I wasn't told of my HSC marks.

someone please explain thanks

4unitfreak

HSC
Missed out on Medicine at Newcastle by 3.8, and from what I've heard the cutoff doesn't change from year to year. I'm one of the only ones in my grade who didn't get what they needed.

L-esky

HSC
I missed out by 3 for the uni I really wanted to do the course at, my first preference. But from last year's cut off's I'm about 8 points over the cut off for my second preference, which if I get an offer there, will still mean I'm be able to move out of this hole =]
So hopefully it will be okay.

Lumbargo

HSC
I'm missing Media/Law at Maquarie by .05, hopefully it'll shift for the better.

Bilama

HSC
I missed on Bcommerce...by 1.35...
but i get 2 bonus points..heh so im good as long as the cutoff doesnt vary that much:p

Communist Panda

HSC
Needed 99 for Medicine at UNSW, (because of average UMAT). Ended up with 97.35, although I didn't ever really expect to get 99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)