how many people do this? (1 Viewer)

over9k

HSC
do a lot of people go to TAFE first and THEN uni regardless of UAI?
i'm thinking of doing this .. don't want to spend 3 years doing something i hate + wasting $000's.

nandison

HSC
over9k said:
do a lot of people go to TAFE first and THEN uni regardless of UAI?
i'm thinking of doing this .. don't want to spend 3 years doing something i hate + wasting $000's.
yerr yerr urrm i wanna do that as well but i dont wanna waste my time too , studying something and then wen i get to uni i dont wanna do it anymore aye .

Evilo

HSC
if you're going to tafe before uni its usually because you dont have the required uai to go straight in to uni (alternative entry). Keep in mind (stating the obvious here) that 1 year of tafe =/= 1 year of uni, and only 'some' course credits may be given.

don't want to spend 3 years doing something i hate
You're not really locked in, unless you do something special (combined/phb/honours etc). But most uni's have a very flexible first year. Plus if you hate your uni subjects that much, you will swap courses and sacrafice the years units. (i had a mate who went from comp sci, to arts. He was able to use some of his comp sci courses as electives, but essentially he lost a semesters worth of credits.).

At the end of the day - choosing subjects at uni with the possiblility of getting it wrong is a risk you have to take.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
yeah some people do that, its not a bad idea at all. They just dont study during the year, and forget about their HSC

Last edited:

Che08

HSC
i think its a good option.. but like others have said most people use tafe that way because their uai is not good enough to get in straight away

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's not a bad idea mate. Nothing wrong with TAFE, especially if you're also going to uni.

Make sure you try and get an HSC though.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i did.

best decision cos i didnt want2 jump straight into uni without giving it some thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)