How many quotes are you doing for AOS essay? (1 Viewer)

Jakulore

HSC
I think I used to go: topic 1: text 1 then text 2... topic 2: text 1 then text 2. In separate paragraphs.
Okay, thanks. That's what I usually do but then one of my essays was marked by a different teacher for Trials (AOS essay) and she told me to break it up more so it wasn't just a 'wall of text'. But my teacher always says it is fine?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I was told 3-4 quotes per paragraph was the minimum.

And English teachers prefer shorter quotes.
Yeah can't believe I didn't try using shorter quotes earlier, it makes it so much easier to write an essay and started doing better.

meDAawesome

HSC
I'm memorising 16 quotes, but I'm only using 12 quotes in my essay

mqixdjexx

HSC
N/A
I'm memorising 16 quotes, but I'm only using 12 quotes in my essay
Are you confident you can answer all rubric points effectively with 16 quotes? I got like 15 or so and they answer like 2 rubric points lol

Jakulore

HSC
Are you confident you can answer all rubric points effectively with 16 quotes? I got like 15 or so and they answer like 2 rubric points lol
If you used broad enough quotes and themes you should be able to spin them to apply to multiple points in the syllabus.

meDAawesome

HSC
Ive mainly set myself up for confronting discoveries and transformations as a result of discoveries, but I've memorised in case they ask something about attitudes to discovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)