How many speeches to do? (1 Viewer)

HKK

HSC
I know they can ask on a specific speech, but I really doubt it. How many are YOU doing to study? Might do 3 max.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
I know they can ask on a specific speech, but I really doubt it. How many are YOU doing to study? Might do 3 max.
I'd say PLEASE don't take a chance... Look at last years standard paper II and they specified extracts - so you are safe knowing them all.
I'd say know three thoroughly, but be able to write at least one paragraph on your other speeches!

Memi

HSC
N/A
I've done 3 in-depth so far, and I'm planning on doing one more in depth. As for the others, maybe just a few quotes/themes if I have time.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I just picked three in depth and a few others sparingly. Module B was my best so... that seemed to work.

13abie

HSC
Wouldn't asking for a specific speech completely undermine the process? I mean surely that would allow a lot of the differentiation to be based on luck rather than proficiency at english.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wouldn't asking for a specific speech completely undermine the process? I mean surely that would allow a lot of the differentiation to be based on luck rather than proficiency at english.
Tell that to the kids who sat the 2002 HSC.

HSC
Uni Grad
My tutor just told me today that the reason why they nominated speeches in the 2002 HSC paper was due to the fact that nearly everyone in the state was doing Abraham Lincoln as their choice in the previous HSC papers, and thus the board decided to nominate it anyway.

But nowadays, everyone seems to be doing different speeches, so they might not nominate speeches. But who knows what the board might do, so I'm going to write around 200 words for the other speeches just in case...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, nominating speeches is a really BS way of distinguishing people - it all comes down to luck. A better way of distinguishing kids is getting them to write a feature article. That way, everyone is equally screwed/tested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)