How many subjects do u hv tuition? (1 Viewer)

coeyz

HSC
I have a eng tutor but i dun find it reli useful, since she can just improve my assignments but not my eng skills, i always screwed in exam that is "cant prepared" .. :uhoh: actually eng is reli hard to tutor,,as the knowledge u hv to accumulate by urself over a long period.. but anyone hv a good eng tutor that u think is very helpful?

I also want a chemistry tutor, anyone hv a recommendation?
im living in northshore area,
its great if u hv any information,
my msn is coeyzz@hotmail.com
thanks a lot

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have Maths, Physics and Chemistry tutors. My Chemistry tutor is awesome, but he's in the South West area (Canley Vale), so I doubt it'd be suitable for you.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
how do you get tutored in chemistry? It's just reading the textbook isn't it? Same with physics... it's just reading the textbook...

L

lsam

coeyz said:
I have a eng tutor but i dun find it reli useful, since she can just improve my assignments but not my eng skills, i always screwed in exam that is "cant prepared" .. :uhoh: actually eng is reli hard to tutor,,as the knowledge u hv to accumulate by urself over a long period.. but anyone hv a good eng tutor that u think is very helpful?

thanks a lot
I don't have any tutor. Tutoring is useless for me. I won't meet the quota everytime I see him/her. :)

I got 94 in Chemistry without tutoring. If I put in more effort, I believe that I could have got more (like 96). Stick around the tutoring forum, you will see several 99.95 UAIers trying to tutor people at quite reasonable price.

However, you have to realise that tutoring will not necessarily get you higher marks. It is you who needs to put fingers out and do some work.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
how do you get tutored in chemistry? It's just reading the textbook isn't it? Same with physics... it's just reading the textbook...
Well, unlike you, not everyone can understand everything by sitting down and reading a textbook from cover to cover in three days.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I used to have tutoring for Mathematics for few weeks last year. Apart from that, I never had tutoring. However, I have to admit that I get a lot of extra help from my teachers. My English teachers spend extra time with me going through some topics that I have problems with. School provide all the necessary tutoring for me.

All you need when you study are pens & papers and a little bit of guidance. Good luck. :)

The Kaiser

HSC
coeyz said:

thanks a lot
You don't really need a tutor, unless you want to move ahead in your subjects than the school.

As for English tutoring is almost useless, unless you really need to sharpen up writing skills. Just read widely, completely understand the topic of study and answer the given question/s (if it is an essay) clearly and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I have Maths, Physics and Chemistry tutoring...

As for learning everything by yourself, I'd have to say that's pretty hard. Teachers/tutors make it so much easier, I reckon.

selablad

HSC
I don't have tutoring and nobody I know has tutoring...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I have english tutoring at Edu-Kingdom College which used to be James-An.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I have tutoring for:
  • Mathematics Extension 1
  • English Extension 1
  • Physics

beebee1991

HSC
i have a maths tutor but the only reason i do is because even when i ask my teacher for help i still get confused. lol

eliseliselise

HSC
i have a mathemagics "coach"! every week, i arrive on her door step and enter the room with about 3 other kids, and she simply floods me with resources and inspiration!! its great! its called "tusk" but its in newcastle...

i dont have tutoring in anything else, i intentionally didnt pick subjects that i would require tutoring for [like textiles, art, histories... things im naturally dumb at], i often think that the only friends you need are books, and they will help you get where ever you want in life.

like, for english..i just read read read read read and watch heaps and heaps of movies, and while it may seem obsessive compulsive, nerdy or just ridiculous.. i analyse the mise-en-scene, themes, motifs, techniques etc while doing so, which helps when u are actually forced to do it.

& sciences? the only friends you need are books. ;)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I have Japanese, Maths 3U and English 3U tutor. I think that the English 3U tutor is absolute bile though. I can't really see how you can get tutored for English...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
nothing. i always saw tutors for students who have difficulty, and i dont have difficulties that cant be sorted with some persistent questioning.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
eliseliselise said:
i have a mathemagics "coach"! every week, i arrive on her door step and enter the room with about 3 other kids, and she simply floods me with resources and inspiration!! its great! its called "tusk" but its in newcastle...

i dont have tutoring in anything else, i intentionally didnt pick subjects that i would require tutoring for [like textiles, art, histories... things im naturally dumb at], i often think that the only friends you need are books, and they will help you get where ever you want in life.

like, for english..i just read read read read read and watch heaps and heaps of movies, and while it may seem obsessive compulsive, nerdy or just ridiculous.. i analyse the mise-en-scene, themes, motifs, techniques etc while doing so, which helps when u are actually forced to do it.

& sciences? the only friends you need are books. ;)
Lol "coach" for maths and analyzing movies that you are not studying seems very nerdy to me.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
nothing. i always saw tutors for students who have difficulty, and i dont have difficulties that cant be sorted with some persistent questioning.
Many students attend tutoring because they want to have accelerated learning and be ahead all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)