how many The Justice Game chapters? (1 Viewer)

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
hey guys,
just wondering how many chapters you will include in your essay , along with your related text/s ?

yours

HSC
only 2, but maybe some reference to the afterword also.

D94

HSC
N/A
Usually 2. You don't want to spread yourself too thin with 3 or 4, and you need to show Robertson's views in one chapter are similar in other chapters.

You studied 5 so you could get an overall perspective, and so you can select whichever text fits your line of argument. BoS lists 7 chapters to read, so it gives you plenty of room for decision.

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
oh okay, how would you structure the essay though?

Similiar theme
para 1 - chapter x
para 2 - chapter y
similiar theme
para 3 - chapter v
para 4 - related text

like this?

D94

HSC
N/A
You could do it that way. Because Robertson has his liberal/democratic view plastered throughout the book, it tends to become the major theme/conflicting perspective itself, so I just go chapter by chapter and then related text/s, rather than look at a specific theme. You're looking at conflicting perspectives, so you want an overarching conflicting perspective for Robertson, and see how this relates to your thesis. Either way is fine.

yours

HSC
oh okay, how would you structure the essay though?

Similiar theme
para 1 - chapter x
para 2 - chapter y
similiar theme
para 3 - chapter v
para 4 - related text

like this?
They might ask for two RTs (and this isn't ludicrous), which is why you can only really do 2 chapters. I know people study a few of them for a 'choice' but I have long picked two and focused on them solely. It works fine. Module C questions are the most generic since they use the same one for a range of texts. In fact it's usually the same as History and Memory except the words 'conflicting perspectives' are replaced by the words' history and memory'. They can't be bothered writing an individual question for each prescribed text; that's what you get for module B.

miniwaybzz

HSC
N/A
yeh understood.... i have noticed that module c is so much more generic

herbs1

HSC
since you're dealing with representation, it only makes sense to divide your essay based on the style/types of representation. You might say as your thesis that "composers manipulate representation through textual form to emotionally connect to the audience and appear objective" then you can talk about the representation of say...people who have conflicting perspectives and then representation of events.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
We studied all of the prescribed ones (so pretty much the 5 you did) so that we could choose the 2 ones we were most comfortable with for the essay.

Try a integrated approach rather than text by text.

Glorious

HSC
I'd say three cases with 2 points on related, as such;

Point 1 - J.G
Point 2 - Related
Point 3 - J.G
Point 4 - Related
Point 5 - J.G.

I only ever have time to do it this way, so yeah. If you're happy with 2, then so be it.

enoilgam

HSC
I studied 3 chapters and two related texts, but I didnt end up using one of my JG chapters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)