• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many words can you write? (1 Viewer)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
40 minutes, 1400 words, right handed. Printing.

Works out to be 2 and abit booklets per question in the HSC english exams.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Eagles said:
40 minutes, 1400 words, right handed. Printing.

Works out to be 2 and abit booklets per question in the HSC english exams.
How can you print so quickly?
I can only manage ~1250 with running writing in 40 mins.

And 2 booklets? Wouldn't that be around 4 words per line?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hey i printed in my exam in which i wrote 4.5 A4 pages for?! just make sure you are use to writing a lot in a short amount of time.

people in my maths class should have no problem in this area, since we write constantly all lesson for 70 mins!!

*ashlea*

HSC
i can only write 2 pages, but they're really neat, right handed, cursive, probably just over 1000 words.. i honestly dont know how people write any more than 3 pages, its so hard!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
*ashlea* said:
i can only write 2 pages, but they're really neat, right handed, cursive, probably just over 1000 words.. i honestly dont know how people write any more than 3 pages, its so hard!
That's coz:
a) BOS booklet paper has 20 lines vs the 40 lines on standard lined A4 paper.
b) Some people have jumbo writing i.e. 5 words per line. I can fit anywhere from 12-14 words per line, but in the HSC I'll try and write about 7-8.

*ashlea*

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
That's coz:
a) BOS booklet paper has 20 lines vs the 40 lines on standard lined A4 paper.
b) Some people have jumbo writing i.e. 5 words per line. I can fit anywhere from 12-14 words per line, but in the HSC I'll try and write about 7-8.
oh, i was talking A4 pages, i guess id write way more pages in those BOS books, those pages are small..

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
*ashlea* said:
oh, i was talking A4 pages, i guess id write way more pages in those BOS books, those pages are small..
Yea...and that poses as a problem of sorts at my school, coz the booklets my school uses have 30-line pages. My teachers (not realising this) expect us to fill 1 8-page booklet, which is actually about 1.5 times as much as we'd need to write in the final HSC exam.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
wrong_turn said:
well as you learn how to write left handed, you follow the same procedures. that is why i can write legibly enough, and also write qucik enough, in a way that i can write in a decent amount of time. however, you just follow the same actions, nonetheless.
you must be a lefty
aint much ambi ppls around :)

Akkadakka

Custom User Title
HSC
You should definatel;y aim for at least 1 page every 10 minutes, so for 50 minutes, aim for a minimum of 5 pages, unless of course you run out of things to write, which has happenend to me on more than one occasion.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
depends if i fully know what im writing about, but i can write prob near 1200 words in 50mins, right handed, with a gel pel and messy ! hahah ...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I wrote 5 pages for a history exam in 45minutes, my cursive writing can be illegible, im also right handed.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
depends :p if it's an english short story that i have to make up from scratch, probably only three pages :p but if it's something that i know really well from subjects like history or geo, then probably more :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Arvin Sloane said:
How many words can you write in a ~50 minute test?
Left or right handed:
Cursive (Running Writing) or otherwise:
I can write 7-8 pages of BOS writing booklet, and i'm right handed with printed writing.

SouperGirl121

HSC
I am in the middle of my trials right now...I usually write 4-6 A4 pages for essays, although for Modern I used 8 in the National Study section. My writing's kinda half cursive and half printing...Don't have time to care really.
Right handed.
I never finish my essays though! Aaargh how annoying...In my King Lear essay for Paper 2, the last words i got to write were "In conclusion,"

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol on the normal paper the school provides , as in the normal A4 lined :p , i usually write around 4-5 pages.
i can fit around like .. usually um probably 8 - 10 words / line though
yeah i saw the exemplar answers , and the lines are like miles apart , no exaggeration :eek:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
lol on the normal paper the school provides , as in the normal A4 lined :p , i usually write around 4-5 pages.
i can fit around like .. usually um probably 8 - 10 words / line though
yeah i saw the exemplar answers , and the lines are like miles apart , no exaggeration :eek:
Lol OMFG, I can only write 2.5~3 pages in 40 mins, so I can prolly only get to around 3.X pages in 50 mins x.x;

My writing's very small tho; I tend to be able to effortlessly write 14~15 words per line. Dunno if that makes up for my small page numbers >.>; Lol, I can white out an entire sentence with one stroke of white out, provided that all the letters are ones that stay in the middle section of a line. (Like a's, o's, r's etc) Maybe I should host a pic of my writing size XD So the soze of my writing could make up for my low page count. Then again, I tend to write bigger in exams since I'm rushing, so I dunno; I just suck at Eng, I guess XD

Evilo

HSC
anywhere between 4 - 10 pages depending on which subject :p
English = 4
Geography = 10
lol i bet you can guess which subject got a higher hsc mark :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)