How many 'words' from NONSENSE has a consonant as the first letter and a vowel as the last letter? (1 Viewer)

tk8

HSC
Any help will be appreciated :)

icycledough

HSC
So I think you can consider the different cases as mentioned above.

So if you have N,O --> you have N, N, S, S, E, E left. You can arrange this in (6! / [2! * 2! * 2!]) because of the repeated letters.

If you have N,E --> you have O, N, S, E, N, S left. You can arrange this in (6! / [2! * 2!])

If you have S,O --> you have N, N, E, N, S, E left. You can arrange this in (6! / [3! * 2!])

If you have S,E --> you have N, O, N, S, E, N left. You can arrange this in (6! / 3!)

tk8

HSC

So if you have N,O --> you have N, N, S, S, E, E left. You can arrange this in (6! / [2! * 2! * 2!]) because of the repeated letters.

If you have N,E --> you have O, N, S, E, N, S left. You can arrange this in (6! / [2! * 2!])

If you have S,O --> you have N, N, E, N, S, E left. You can arrange this in (6! / [3! * 2!])

If you have S,E --> you have N, O, N, S, E, N left. You can arrange this in (6! / 3!)
That cleared things up for me, thanks!

icycledough

HSC

If you can double check as well that my reasoning is right, that would help. Perms and coms never used to be one of my strongest 3U topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)