how much did you spend on your majors? (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
hahaha i guess its alot for art, see my avatar that's my BOW =D teacher wanted them on shirts so yeah
i spent like a hundred on printing on paper and the other 2400 on tshirts. the shirts itself are like nothing like about 200-300 for 50, but the screen printing is ridculous lol

if you think $2.5k is alot its nothing compared to what some spend for dt. some people spend upto $4-5k from private schools off course
lol your probably be better off if you spent 2.5k for a professional carpenter to build your major work

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
yeah, technically if you wanted to you could pay an artist to paint you some mad painting and submit that, you're allowed to, as long as its your own idea.

bettina44

HSC
Haha, why the hell did you need 200-300 shirts for?
LOL i mean i spend 200-300 bucks on 50 shirts but yeah the setup costs for the screen prints are all the same regardless of how many shirts i make so i figured i would make extras. Because i had 12 different designs it kinda jacked up the price. i only need the 12 shirts for my BOW so if anyone wanted a spare they could gimme a shout =D

Last edited:

cerys

because i can.
HSC
English Extension 2 = I wasted time rather than money. Minus electricity bills, $25 for a 50 pack spindle, in which I used 2 DVD discs to burn my major on =P

Visual Arts = $50 on the art fee for school, and the supplies needed were given to us up to that amount (if it went over, it had to come out of our own pockets. I think I went over, though I didn't pay anything extra. Teacher bought me 3 canvases x $15 and for those of us painting, 3 sets of good acrylics which cost quite a fair bit).

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, technically if you wanted to you could pay an artist to paint you some mad painting and submit that, you're allowed to, as long as its your own idea.
lol. you my friend are a genius. let me rep you.

Hannargh

HSC
In art total cost all up around $83. The photos would of cost originally $150 for 9 photos, but thanks to an online promotion at Camera House, I got the photos for $20. Instead of paying $15 each photo, I only paid $2! :rofl:
Getting them mounted set me back $63. The first framing place I went to wanted $160 for them all, the second place the guy new my art teacher, so I got a discount :)

And $20 I get back from the school, to help cover the costs.

laceytutu

HSC
20$ on binding for my ext 2 major and a shit load of time... as well as ink of course. I was really regretting not doing Art because I have so many ideas for BOWs (I'm a realistic drawer and photographer technically speaking) and WHOA, seeing these numbers, I'm not sure if I regret it anymore!

evil_kitten

HSC
i spent a bit over $300 on my textiles major
but i had to buy a new sewing machine which was $1700, i'm gonna be paying that off for a while..
thank god i went to cabramatta for the fabric though, otherwise it would have been about $800 just for fabric..

danielle.c

HSC
wow thats a lot to spend on major my major textiles was 400 ish, but i also brought a whole lot of stuff i didnt end up using so was more like a 700/800 figure

tess_gee

HSC
I spent $700 on my art major due to its complicated sort of framing... so ludicrously expensive, i couldn't believe it

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
$103.68 --> my school offered to reimburse me for any money i spent on ee2. Not that i'm going to take it, it was only paper, ink and 2 cds.

Blobulator

HSC
Extension 2 English didn't cost that much. Only $10 or something for the binding plus however much the ink for printing costs, but I can't exactly calculate it.

Art, however... well I thought mine had been a bit steep but after seeing someone spent $2,500 I'm actually a bit relieved, haha. I think all up I spent $500-ish. Had to buy paper, a special-sized carry case, pay for mounting, and also had to pay for like... 95 felt-tip pens. Those cost almost $250 alone, geez.

KillerIsMe

Very Special Master
HSC
you have to remember that kids doing things for DT like bars and whatever are doing it as part of home renovation or something they are going to use later, not just the major work.
for example a guy in yr 12 last year at my school bought and old datsun and did it up himself as his major work and i see him driving it around all the time, plus a girl in my grade did a mosaic on a wall in her home next to her pool, because her parents wanted something on the wall and thought it would be a good opportunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)