How Much Have You Done By Now? (1 Viewer)

timmay05

HSC
I have got 3655 words in a very well edited form.
I have got 2124 words in a form where I may have to change the setting from a tower to an attic or a shed.
I have got 112 words of the part I have no draft for. This section will probably constitute around 1000 words maximum.
I have a draft of the last part to work from, however at 4000 words it will need to be cut down majorly and edited.

All up in a form I could submit I have 5909 words.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
well, I just finished my first 2000 words. in the past two days I've written about 1200 words in total (I re-wrote some sections). hmm. if I keep this up, I should have a draft finished by the end of the holidays, which is my aim.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Praise da lord!
Finally someone around here who has written as much as me. I feel better :)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
you can still write like mad after trials =)
you always write better when the pressure's on. it has to do with psychology i think

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I have 5000 words. 1000 of that is crap. 1000 is gold. 1000 is pretty good. And the rest is just blah. Still I will continue to write and then get my red pen out and begin editing.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Opium said:
I've got 8700 words. Handed in my draft and gotten multiple people to read the finished thing. So now i have some feedback and a few hundred words to trim. After some more editing and fine tuning it should be done I guess (is it ever really 'done'?) then i'll start on my reflection statment.

For all the people with not much written, don't give up hope. Just keep at it and make an effort over the holidays, there's plenty of time these holidays to knock out the full draft. Set it as a goal :)
I'm about a hundred words over. damn it and have to rework opneing, for the upteenth time

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
5300 words, baby. Most of it edited, half of it critiqued. Another 700 words and I'm pretty much done, my writing style is very compact...

flamearrows

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
I have only done about 5000 words, but it has been worked/edited reasonably well, if nothing in it was changed I would be happy. What kinda marks are we all hoping for???
I really want above 43/50, my school mark atm is 44/50 so fingers crossed, hopefully even a band E4

Korobushka

HSC
I'm at 6000 now, shared between my two stories.

Neither are finished, and it looks like i'm going to have to drop one, which means i'm really only at about 4000.

Have done half of my reflection statement though, and done a heap of [paper] work on my journal.

Doesn't look like i'll get any other study in over the hols :/

EDIT:

Have dropped the second story. 5000 words on my other one. Should be to about 6 by the end of tonight. Journal is up to date. Reflection statment is 1/3 done.

Must get it done in the next week to avoid fucking up my trials - Have lost about 5 hours study time already to EE2.

Last edited:

Jace

HSC
Well altogether i've done 14000 words over my two drafts because i completely rewrote my second, even though its the same story. now im just going to be using the second draft and editing within the story structure. technically i suppose i could say that im done, but i don't think ill say that until ive handed it in.

ivan.

HSC
7,986 words, 2nd Draft, working on a third.

The three weeks of holidays helped heaps.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness has 13500 words at 90% done, first draft :)

Airness says he's screwed.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Tell James he should start work on his rs first since its worth 40% of the external, then come back and edit his work from a fresh perspective.:)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kami said:
Tell James he should start work on his rs first since its worth 40% of the external, then come back and edit his work from a fresh perspective.:)
Wow... I so did not post that. :confused:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Tell him that he'd better stop the 3rd person, its copyright!:p
But seriously, he decided to get banned because he came on too much, using your account sort of defeats the purpose and harms his mw, if he wants advice he should ask around to obtain the msn/e-mails of some former students so his time isn't put to waste.(gosh I sound old!)

chockie

HSC
1700 words. And i'm in the middle of my trials :) Don't much like drafting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)