How much have you written so far? Freaking a little. (1 Viewer)

beve

Jesus
HSC
finished my first draft yay. I agree about the journal, i love doing journal work (except the bibliography in correct manner or whatever it is)
i find making a bibliography in ex2 to be perhaps more painful than the prospect of the major work itself.

>_<

but, yes. haven't written a great deal. taking it slow. with the research and stuff. i've got maybe, a page or two.

=)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Sadly I think four question marks outweigh three ticks...
:p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
beve said:
i find making a bibliography in ex2 to be perhaps more painful than the prospect of the major work itself.
i find that easy, my school has a program where you type in the book title etc and then it does the ordering etc itself and it makes life so much easier

Last edited:

duxplz

HSC
Ahhh! Now I'm freaked out. I've written about...600 words. I do know some however who have not started at all, which makes me feel better, but you guys make me feel worse. I like to work slowly though when writing, it generally comes out better.
I just haven't got around to all the research I need to do...which begs the question why am I here whinging?

Clifford

HSC
Hmm, I cant say finishing a draft and having your teacher look over it is a particulary enjoyable experience. I thought mine was pretty horrible (which it is), but you never really expect your teachers to tear it apart also. I was feeling pretty despondent at the time, exacerbated by the fact I apparently have a 'pluraperfect' tenses problem which I never realised I had....

So that leaves me in two frames of mind. On one hand I am happy with what I have done, and on the other I am really close to ditching this idea all together...

Still bloody love the subject and my journal, which I frequently hug... Get. Off. Bos.

LordPc

HSC
Yea, thats pretty much EE2. but you have finished your draft, which means your doing quite well

and each draft you improve upon and hand back in to be torn apart is another couple of marks you get in the end, even though it may not feel like it

harryc

HSC
You guys are scaring me! I've only written about 1,000 words. I'm still stuck on the research side of things, but our teachers really getting on our back about just getting our first draft done.

I actually don't mind the journal side of things. I find writing in it really helps me form the actual ideas - it's great to have a place for all your crazy ramblings.

agua.fuego

HSC
I've written part of mine. I just don't know how I want the thing to progress.

My teacher doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to do. Either that, or she's just trying to make me do something else entirely.:shouting:

agua.fuego

HSC
I actually don't mind the journal side of things. I find writing in it really helps me form the actual ideas - it's great to have a place for all your crazy ramblings.
Crazy ramblings. This is definitely the best description for my journal. ;)

HSC
i have 543 words...man...you guys are all so much more productive than the peeps at my school...

Valupatitta

HSC
i've done 1656 words so far, and two of my friends have finished theirs. i'm freaking out a little cos my teacher said that im slow. =.= im really scared about viva voce cos it seems like the less i write the less i have to say about my MW. do i HAVE to finish my story before the viva voce?? cos i got heaps of other studies / assignments to do :S

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
wow. this is brutal. my wordcount is zero.

my teacher thinks we shouldn't start putting pen to paper til term 2...first draft done by end of term 2.

what do u guys reckon of this?

i'm still smashing through research and development atm...feel its coming together nicely.

steeeeev

HSC
im screwed then.
ive only done random crap in my journal and basic outline of a story.
let alone a draft!
:(

LordPc

HSC
wow. this is brutal. my wordcount is zero.

my teacher thinks we shouldn't start putting pen to paper til term 2...first draft done by end of term 2.

what do u guys reckon of this?

i'm still smashing through research and development atm...feel its coming together nicely.
wouldnt reccomend this approach unless you are doing a critical response where you need to do a lot of research before you can write coherently.

but for all you guys doing a SS, start writing and keep writing. if you have a weekend that is assessment free then try to do as much as possible, if you work really hard you might be able to type out 2000 words or more. you do about 1000 when you do assignments the night before (ah good times :)) so over a full weekend you should be able to get a couple thousand of your MW out onto the computer

thing is that while writing you will get further ideas that you can research later. like you might see that one idea isnt working and that perhaps another idea, eg, [something else] would be better. and then you write all of that learning experience in your journal so you hit 2 birds with one stone as they say

HSC
heh this time last year i had a 0 word count, same could be said for research

harryc

HSC
My MW just crossed the 3,000 word mark. After 4 months of being unsure, I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
see, this is why i chose poetry.
there is no stress whatsoever as to how many words you need to write, because the length and amount of poems in itself is an artistic statement. ive written about 1100 words (that took me ages! all poems in seperate documents :p) which equates to 9 poems. And i'm aiming at having 15-20 in my MW; which is apparently almost an overabundance. The other people in my class are all doing short stories, and seem to have written about the same as me, except i have alot less to write in the long term.

Just my thoughts.

Tumnus

HSC
:uhhuh:Ha Ha Ha I'm at word count 8,600 (down from 11,000 - i got a "little" carried away) Now i have a problem of having to shrink it down to size:angry::angry::angry::angry: Quite a pain. They should extend the word count allowed 8,000 is just crap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)