how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Probably about $200-300 on textbooks (but I dont really like 'study guides')

No tutoring for me, except I earn $50 a week from tutoring, so overall I make a gain :)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
runnable said:
But those who are beating EVERYONE in the year probably have tutoring to a certain degree. :hammer:
I'm topping all my subjects except english (which I'm coming 3rd in) and i've never had any form of tutoring

vulgarfraction said:
I've seen so many cases where this isn't true... Anyway most people who get tutoring still don't come near the top.
Agreed. There is a guy in my school who gets 10 hours of tutoring a week, and isnt even in the top half for any of his subjects

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
I've seen so many cases where this isn't true... Anyway most people who get tutoring still don't come near the top.
it just depends.
The kid ranking 2nd in economics in my class is known to have a tutor who does all his work for him, but our trial is worth 40% and because there's no hand-in component he won't do as well.

Anyway, I don't really have that much of a problem with people getting tutors. If they can afford it then whatever, thats just life.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
none for tutoring.
went to 2 mini maths camps for half a day each, 100 all up there.
plus textbooks.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
kevinx2 said:
Pens
Pencils
Exercise books
Calculator
Other miscellaneous stationary
Textbooks
No tutor
Crap, free, spam study seminars
Transport to and from school
Internet to do research
School uniform
Paying people to do my assignments
Paying teachers to do my assignments
Food to binge on while studying

Hmm i think im totally off :(
ha ha sucked in

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
runnable said:
But those who are beating EVERYONE in the year probably have tutoring to a certain degree. :hammer:
That does not probably apply to my school, lol. Top students at my school don't get tutoring for anything. Top marks = pure natural intelligence + hard work + a bit of luck.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, there are people in the top ranks at James Ruse who have never had tutoring.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Because they can't afford, they study harder and smarter. Well, pure natural ability!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
midifile said:
Agreed. There is a guy in my school who gets 10 hours of tutoring a week, and isnt even in the top half for any of his subjects
aww the poor thing.

ive spent bout $100 on study guides
+ bout $500ish for tutoring (physics)
do other people have to buy your textbooks? :/ we just hire them from the library for the year.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
awfully productive too! lolz.

i haven't spent too much. i do DT which takes up so much money - materials, printing, expensive portfolios and equipment, etc. and i get exam pens which are like $5 each. i don't go tutoring (thank god) and i don't use study guides.

wLym

HSC
I have a maths tutor i go to once a week for $25. Fuck me, i need it because i hate math so much that if i didnt have someone to spoon feed me then i would do zilch. Why did i choose 4 unit math? cause im crazy. =(
Sorry for the pessimistic apprroach, but man im in a bad mood, these trials are really taking it out of me.

cccclaire

HSC
hollyy. said:
aww the poor thing.

ive spent bout $100 on study guides
+ bout $500ish for tutoring (physics)
do other people have to buy your textbooks? :/ we just hire them from the library for the year.
I think at private schools you have to. It's pretty ridiculous though, because most text books are like $60, and some of them you barely use. Then at the end of the year you're stuck with all these text books that you've bought.

bachem

HSC
I thing i have spent about 500-1000 inculding all the extra exams which i will be doing, Im doing an Exam which i paid for it cost me exactly $150

Ohh well HSC is nearly over lol so is all my money

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Undermyskin said:
Because they can't afford, they study harder and smarter.
How can you make that generalisation?

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
For me, I'd rather study hard and get the marks I deserve, rather than spending 1000s on tutoring, and then maybe have nothing come out of it.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
bachem said:
I thing i have spent about 500-1000 inculding all the extra exams which i will be doing, Im doing an Exam which i paid for it cost me exactly $150

Ohh well HSC is nearly over lol so is all my money
Cant you just get past papers for free?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)