How much pressure do your parents put on you? (2 Viewers)

blackglitter

HSC
Since I'm hearing pretty terrible stories about how much some people are pressured, what do you guys think of overpressuring parents?

Personally, I can see how sometimes they think it's in your best interests, but I feel it's more de-motivating than inspirational. What do you guys think?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
Since I'm hearing pretty terrible stories about how much some people are pressured, what do you guys think of overpressuring parents?

Personally, I can see how sometimes they think it's in your best interests, but I feel it's more de-motivating than inspirational. What do you guys think?
agree,
but different people work under different circumstances.

My parents only pressure is "do what you wish, and make sure you don't cheat yourself out of any chances you get offered if they are in you're best intrest"

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
blackglitter said:

I think people with overpressuring parents should tell them to fuck off. A chick at my old school had a nervous breakdown during one of her HSC exams cuz her parents were hellbent on her becoming a doctor and getting 100 uai. She couldnt go through with the rest of her exams and never got her hsc.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
-may-cat- said:
I think people with overpressuring parents should tell them to fuck off. A chick at my old school had a nervous breakdown during one of her HSC exams cuz her parents were hellbent on her becoming a doctor and getting 100 uai. She couldnt go through with the rest of her exams and never got her hsc.
thats really sad, i'd hate to think what they say to her now.

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
thats really sad, i'd hate to think what they say to her now.
mmm, yeah. A son of one of my dad's friends failed his HSC (as in, didn't get given a UAI, only one of those less than 30 descriptions) His parents were soooo mad at him at first. It's taken more than 5 years but they're finally understanding his point of view and realising it's not the end of the world for him.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
mmm, yeah. A son of one of my dad's friends failed his HSC (as in, didn't get given a UAI, only one of those less than 30 descriptions) His parents were soooo mad at him at first. It's taken more than 5 years but they're finally understanding his point of view and realising it's not the end of the world for him.
thats really good, some parents would actually probally astrange themselves from that child i would imagine.

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
thats really good, some parents would actually probally astrange themselves from that child i would imagine.
They did for a while - they moved back to India and left him here. But yeah, lately they've been heaps better and he's moved back in with them

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
They did for a while - they moved back to India and left him here. But yeah, lately they've been heaps better and he's moved back in with them
thats really good thats what a family should do, in my opinion. Be a family and live life as it is, and not try ot force somethings

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
thats really good thats what a family should do, in my opinion. Be a family and live life as it is, and not try ot force somethings
mhm, the HSC is stressful enough without constantly dissappointed parents breathing down your neck

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
mhm, the HSC is stressful enough without constantly dissappointed parents breathing down your neck
yes, or their psychological crap causing stress, but my motto last year was "it's only going to be stressful if i want it to be" and it never was for me so yeah. but this also depends on the individual, some people work better under stress, i know i do in chemistry lol

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
yes, or their psychological crap causing stress, but my motto last year was "it's only going to be stressful if i want it to be" and it never was for me so yeah. but this also depends on the individual, some people work better under stress, i know i do in chemistry lol
Yeah, my best assignments are the ones I do last minute :p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
Yeah, my best assignments are the ones I do last minute :p
lol mine never are they always do bad, i only ever did it once lol. except chem.

Last edited:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
My parents just leave me alone because they know that I motivate myself enough. So yeah, they don't pressure me, but it's because they don't need to.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Continuum said:
My parents just leave me alone because they know that I motivate myself enough. So yeah, they don't pressure me, but it's because they don't need to.
lol i understand exactly

jellybelly59

HSC
hahaha my parents say they don't pressure me but their always secretly comparing my marks with my other relatives and keep telling me that i should try harder. Guess it's their way of worrying about my future. I'm fine with it most of the time

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
hahaha my parents say they don't pressure me but their always secretly comparing my marks with my other relatives and keep telling me that i should try harder. Guess it's their way of worrying about my future. I'm fine with it most of the time
That's like... the defining characteristic of Asian parents. :(

Affinity

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
It's better than my cousin... his parents compares him with his friends infront of him.

tahlzz

HSC
meh
my parents only pressure me if they know i am not doing my best
if i am. then they dont care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)