How Much Study Should You Do Every Night? (1 Viewer)

Reki.Poo

HSC
Hozan said:
well i do at least 5 hours every weeknight and on the weekends i do more then 7 hours. i need these hours coz if i don't then i probably won't pass year 11
I sense someone's motivation to work dying soon with those hours.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Hozan said:
well i do at least 5 hours every weeknight and on the weekends i do more then 7 hours. i need these hours coz if i don't then i probably won't pass year 11
lol

year 11

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Hozan said:

you are my idol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Hozan said:
hahha well played.

Zero Infinite

HSC
You should do approximately 2-3 hours per night during the HSC year. On weekends this can increase anywhere from 0-18 hours/day depending on assignments and what-not. (18 hours is the absolute max, most weekends would be something like 4 or 5 hrs a day). During Trial HSC and HSC time, I studied practically all day every day (which is what you should be doing for a good UAI). That means something like 8-12 hrs a day and additional if required. The method I studied was to make very good summary notes (well prior to exams) so that information could be easily digested. Then I read again and again, in chunks (usually by topic) with clear deadlines for when I should finish. After that I would do practice papers. Basically I just crammed again and again in advance until my knowledge was fairly thorough. For maths, I revised every week and by the end I didn't really even have to study for the HSC, just do practice papers and memorise "tricks" that could pop up.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Zero Infinite said:
You should do approximately 2-3 hours per night during the HSC year. On weekends this can increase anywhere from 0-18 hours/day depending on assignments and what-not. (18 hours is the absolute max, most weekends would be something like 4 or 5 hrs a day). During Trial HSC and HSC time, I studied practically all day every day (which is what you should be doing for a good UAI). That means something like 8-12 hrs a day and additional if required. The method I studied was to make very good summary notes (well prior to exams) so that information could be easily digested. Then I read again and again, in chunks (usually by topic) with clear deadlines for when I should finish. After that I would do practice papers. Basically I just crammed again and again in advance until my knowledge was fairly thorough. For maths, I revised every week and by the end I didn't really even have to study for the HSC, just do practice papers and memorise "tricks" that could pop up.
qft

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I barely have time to "study" and revise for my subjects. Homework usually takes me 2-3h, and by then, I cbfed to actually revise.

Basically, the weekends are the only time I get to look over what we've done.

HSC
Kujah said:
I barely have time to "study" and revise for my subjects. Homework usually takes me 2-3h, and by then, I cbfed to actually revise.

Basically, the weekends are the only time I get to look over what we've done.
Yeah. The only real 'study' I ever get is the odd weekend when I attempt to work on syllabus summaries.

bassistx

HSC
I don't even look at the syllabus. I don't understand it lol.

Year 11? Wtf? You can't exactly "fail". And anyway, it's year ELEVEN *bangs head on keyboard*

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Zero Infinite said:
My hero.

Hozan said:
Hahaha you just gotta be satisfactory in Year 11. Hard to fail i'd think. Besides, that’s extreme.

Last edited:

Jube

HSC
I do about 2 hours a night if lucky. Last year I did hardly any and it really showed.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
You don't need to study in y11 o_O (though there's definitely nothing wrong with studying)

I remember the morning of our english prelim I was running around trying to find the names of the characters in The Crucible and I came 2nd for the exam ^_^

CHILL DEWDS

HSC
Lol, i had 2 study in yr 11 cause i did 2 HSC exams... Wether the study was done well, thats another story (yer it wasn't done well story over).

But if i was like every other pleb it would be feet up until the HSC.

Cheers!

a.Limjoco

HSC
I was just wondering.. Do people seperate Homework from Study ?

My friends were talking, and it just came up that they count their h/w as their study. I was like nah, both are different.. how does everyone else perceive?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
i see it as:

hw = content

study = revision of content/application of content to hsc questions etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)