How Much Study Should You Do Every Night? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Homework and study/revision are pretty much different to me :uhhuh:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Zero Infinite said:
You should do approximately 2-3 hours per night during the HSC year. On weekends this can increase anywhere from 0-18 hours/day depending on assignments and what-not. (18 hours is the absolute max, most weekends would be something like 4 or 5 hrs a day). During Trial HSC and HSC time, I studied practically all day every day (which is what you should be doing for a good UAI). That means something like 8-12 hrs a day and additional if required. The method I studied was to make very good summary notes (well prior to exams) so that information could be easily digested. Then I read again and again, in chunks (usually by topic) with clear deadlines for when I should finish. After that I would do practice papers. Basically I just crammed again and again in advance until my knowledge was fairly thorough. For maths, I revised every week and by the end I didn't really even have to study for the HSC, just do practice papers and memorise "tricks" that could pop up.
Should've, but didn't. I'm pleased with what I achieved. [comment]Again, the time that is spent is not what matters, but the quality. 1 hour of quality revision is much better than 3 hours of wasted revision. Figure out the form of study that works for you, then plan your study habits around the best way for you to study. Do not go overboard during the Trial HSC period or even HSC period, there will likely be a period of time where you will burn out and therefore fail to achieve the performance standards which you have set yourself. Good, quality revision and a balanced lifestyle will help you achieve the marks that you desire.[/comment]

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
Everyone is different no set rule.

For the average-smartist person, a UAI of around 90 can be achieved by relaxing all year, then cramming 2 weeks before trials and in stuvac before HSC.

Yes this is proally the stupidest thing i have ever said.

Zero Infinite said:
You should do approximately 2-3 hours per night during the HSC year. On weekends this can increase anywhere from 0-18 hours/day depending on assignments and what-not. (18 hours is the absolute max, most weekends would be something like 4 or 5 hrs a day). During Trial HSC and HSC time, I studied practically all day every day (which is what you should be doing for a good UAI). That means something like 8-12 hrs a day and additional if required. The method I studied was to make very good summary notes (well prior to exams) so that information could be easily digested. Then I read again and again, in chunks (usually by topic) with clear deadlines for when I should finish. After that I would do practice papers. Basically I just crammed again and again in advance until my knowledge was fairly thorough. For maths, I revised every week and by the end I didn't really even have to study for the HSC, just do practice papers and memorise "tricks" that could pop up.
do this if you want to remember yr 12 being the worst year of the life, just so you can brag omg look at me UAI 99+ to friends.

imo not worth it, unless you have parents who will kill you if you don't 99+, or you have your heart set on law or med.

bassistx

HSC
Why the hell is everybody still on about this? This thread has been repeated countless times. And the answers are always the same.

Just do whatever you want. If we told you to study 20h everyday, would you? I doubt it. Just do whatever you're capable of.

And that is the dumbest question ever. Homework and study are obviously different. Homework carries on from classwork. Whatever you don't finish in class, you finish at home. Homework and classwork are LEARNING.
Studying is summarising, note making, past papers, etc... It is REVISION.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
it's taken me the whole weekend to write my notes on two main dot pts for ancient. (._.')

tau281290

HSC
well i do at least 5 hours every weeknight and on the weekends i do more then 7 hours. i need these hours coz if i don't then i probably won't pass year 11
That's alright *LoL*, I've seen ppl doing 6 hrs every weeknight and 10 hrs!!!! every weekend for the School Cert.

For me, I can hardly get more than 2 hrs of pure studies a day excluding school work.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Do how many hours you feel necessary. If you sit at a desk for 6 hours a night and you don't want to study - its 6 hours of un-productive time wasted. Might as well have read a book or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)