How much study these holidays? (1 Viewer)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hyperbole, u wouldnt be studying if ur yearlys are in week8/9 of next term...mine is wk2/3....!

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
amoz_lilo: if i were in Year 10 i probably would have been studying several weeks before, or at least revising. Nowadays, I can't really be bothered. I cram a few nights or the night before which is a pretty poor study habit. Must change before Year 12. Good Luck in your exams. Are you in Year 11? Why are your exams so early? At my school, Year 12 Trials are during Week 3 so we can't use the hall.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hyperbole said:
amoz_lilo: if i were in Year 10 i probably would have been studying several weeks before, or at least revising. Nowadays, I can't really be bothered. I cram a few nights or the night before which is a pretty poor study habit. Must change before Year 12. Good Luck in your exams. Are you in Year 11? Why are your exams so early? At my school, Year 12 Trials are during Week 3 so we can't use the hall.

Yeah I'm in year 11 and our school tends to hold the exams in weeks 2/3 to get it out of the way and revise for yr12, the current year 12's started their trials last term...I should improve too...leaving assessments up to the day before! :giddy:

Demandred

HSC
At the moment I am just trying to get the assessments all finished and type down all the notes. I doubt I would be start learning them, probably because I will be forgeting them soon. Here's the list:

- History extension (nearly finished, only synopsis left)
- Catch up on some Maths (tonight)
- Ancient history assignment
- IPT notes
- Economic notes (done)
- English notes (tonight)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
hyperbole said:
I'm in Year 11. It's holidays, and I'm not really studying.
My goal is to finish all my assessments and make summaries for business studies, economics and chemistry.

Good Luck for your trials.

better than me! i am in year 11 and i m just doing the two assigments i have for the holidays. i am also going to study for a chem test, that i have on the 1st week back, but apart from that thats all

Wohzazz

HSC
I'm in year 12 and i want a 99 UAI. Doing about 4-5 hours a day. I know i should do more but its so hard without motivation.
I only do sciences, maths and english adv so no major projects and assignments. It's all about knowing my theory and applying principles. Think i should do fine.
.......and yes everyone's 'at least 8 hours a day' is disturbing me.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Nah Im averaging about 1.5 --> 2hrs a day so far, of course its hard when I can only be at my dads during the day.

If they want to study 8hrs they can theres only so much ROTE learning you can do.

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
8 hours minimum!
10pm to 6am. dont stop till the morning sun
14 hours straight, you may reward yourself with some sleep (6 hours maximum)

HSC
bloody hell! so much to do in such little time
- for biz i have to fully study topics 1-4, practice report writing
- eco i gotta study the whole friggin course, do heaps of practice essay
- 3 assesssment tasks- eng/eco/biz
- english modules, we've hardly started frontline!..!...and practice essays
- 3u/4u past papers, past papers, past papers

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Persephone87 said:
So far Ive steadily avoided doing my major works.
I am so dead.
nahh, you'll just end up pulling a few all-nighters the week before it is due...or maybe even the DAY before it is due :eek:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm i havent been doing my work for the holidays as planned.
i've been heading out heaps even though im not SUPPOSED TO!!
argghhh.. this smellls :(

Cicciolina

HSC
I'm only doing about 3-4 hours per day - and I only started about 2 days ago! I've only done about 200 words for my eng ext 2 so I'm basically realllly screwed for that. I just can't get motivated to do anything - how can people study for over 8 hours?!?

Auto Wah

holiday is the time where you should relax and let all the school work go, Study is bad, don't study in holidays. Go out and have fun in holidays, but certainly no studying. Studying only applies at school days. that's my opinion.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Auto Wah said:
holiday is the time where you should relax and let all the school work go, Study is bad, don't study in holidays. Go out and have fun in holidays, but certainly no studying. Studying only applies at school days. that's my opinion.
Fair enough. Nobody can force you, I guess. But the HSC demands more of your time than the mere 6 hours a day (more if you do extensions after school or whatever), 5 days a week for barely 3 terms. Nevertheless, if you think you can do well enough with that amount of effort, then go for it.

Auto Wah

high school is the time you're suppose to have fun.

people finish high school and if not lucky they get into uni and spent 4 years of their life there with excessive amount of pressure, When they finally finish it and get a 6 to 9 job they get busy and start paying all the debt, not long after that you'll realise you're 30 and you have wife and kids that will grow up to hate you even if you work your blood dry to feed them. And you finally kick your kids out of your house when they're old enough to discover drugs and you're like 50. What the fuck can you do when you're 50??

NOW IS THE TIME TO HAVE FUN.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It also might be fun to be able to get a good enough score to do the course you love, graduate and find a job you love to do rather than slave away til you're 50.

Yes, high school is a time for fun but in the last two years (for some of us, one year :p ), hard work is also important. Bludging your way through it not only leads to poor (or if you're lucky, mediocre) marks, but also a reduced work ethic for later life.

You're suggesting that luck determines everything. No, luck is in the equation but there has to be something mroe substantial. That would be hard work and diligence. Unless you have a ridculous amount of luck awaiting you :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)