How much u wrote and wat mark u expect ? (1 Viewer)

Module B

HSC
N/A
Atticus Ryan said:
I seem to be the only person in this thread actually arguing something. Also I seem to be the only one with decent Sentence Construction Skills. They're much better than the guy who came first in English - perhaps he attended your Dubbo school. Learn to conjugate verbs and use punctuation you assholes. And it's Down's Syndrome, not Down Syndrome. Dick.
Sorry, my mistake. I shall make certain not to get it wrong in the future!

Also, I believe it should be "Also, I seem to be the only one with decent Sentence Construction Skills" with a comma in there. But then again, you are the only one with decent sentence construction skills, yet you seem to have inappropriate capitalisation methods. ;)

Again, since you seem so certain you haven't contradicted yourself at all in this thread, I'd like to remind you that you said no Band 5/6's are ever over 10 pages in length and that you can guarantee none of them exist! Well, Mr. HSC Master, please, I beg of you, provide this undeniable proof of yours that it is impossible for people to write over 10 pages and get a Band 5 or 6!

mrxt

HSC
Atticus Ryan said:
I would like you to show me a Band 5/6 response that is over 10 pages. I guarantee they do not exist.
Atticus Ryan said:
You stupid piece of shit, I DID NOT SAY that ANYONE who writes 10+ pages CANNOT get a band 6.
(quoted for emphasis)

It's almost like he's making his argument without waffling!

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
michaeln36 said:
lots of gay stuff
Yes I said that. Yes I was proved wrong. I have since moved on and am arguing things that have not been proved wrong.

The nature of an argument is that both sides argue. Rather, I am arguing and you are all saying how dumb I am without providing any arguments of your own that aren't about a single thing I said ages ago which is obviously incorrect.

Yes, there is a Band 5/6 response of 14 pages (allegedly). No, it does not disprove what I am trying to say.

Module B

HSC
N/A
Atticus Ryan said:
Yes I said that. Yes I was proved wrong. I have since moved on and am arguing things that have not been proved wrong.

The nature of an argument is that both sides argue. Rather, I am arguing and you are all saying how dumb I am without providing any arguments of your own that aren't about a single thing I said ages ago which is obviously incorrect.

Yes, there is a Band 5/6 response of 14 pages (allegedly). No, it does not disprove what I am trying to say.
You have sinced move on? Your latest post before that states otherwise.

If this is your attempt at an argument, I laugh in your general direction. Resulting to such cunning and well-put points like "Dick" and "Suck my balls" is telling me that you have lost this argument and, having been backed into the corner, have degenerated into mildly perplexing insults and whinging like a four-year old instead of admitting defeat like a person with any sense of what's going would do.

crazedmo2003

HSC
Oh what guys? Come on? Can't I get at least one congratulatory backslap, hoot or hi-five for my penis snap?

Okay fine....

Also Atticus I think you can start bringing reinforcements if you want. The numbers are a bit uneven.

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
Oh what guys? Come on? Can't I get at least one congratulatory backslap, hoot or hi-five for my penis snap?

Okay fine....

Also Atticus I think you can start bringing reinforcements if you want. The numbers are a bit uneven.
Your penis thing was OK.

Yeah I wish someone would agree with me.

There are 25 pages in a booklet, not 16, I counted them yesterday.

I don't really know what else to say, no one is actually arguing with what I am saying.

wiseguy31

HSC
Atticus Ryan said:
The point of an English exam is to convey your ideas succinctly, logically and with quality of expression.
I think the whole argument could have been avoided if someone had said:

The point of an English exam SHOULD be to convey your ideas succinctly, logically, and with quality of expression. However, the case is that the point of the English exam is to write a WHOLE LOAD of wank :D:D:D

Amirite? :p

michaeln36

HSC
yea it was pretty funni :D

the thing is, his position is so laughable that no one dares side with him. I would aliken it to siding with a holoucost denier -- no one (except idiots) would dare, because they know that they are wrong.

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
wiseguy31 said:
I think the whole argument could have been avoided if someone had said:

The point of an English exam SHOULD be to convey your ideas succinctly, logically, and with quality of expression. However, the case is that the point of the English exam is to write a WHOLE LOAD of wank :D:D:D

Amirite? :p
Spot on.

Last edited:

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
michaeln36 said:
yea it was pretty funni :D

the thing is, his position is so laughable that no one dares side with him. I would aliken it to siding with a holoucost denier -- no one (except idiots) would dare, because they know that they are wrong.
My argument is essentially:

It is better to write a little bit of good stuff than a lot of crap.

This is not a laughable concept you idiot. It is very sensible and it makes a lot of sense.

michaeln36

HSC
Atticus says;
The Board of Studies syllabus stipulates that essays are to be about 1000 words. Of course this is give or take a little - anything up to about 1500 can be fine.
And i'm gonna call his bluff.
I have scanned over the syllabus, and performed a word search on it, and have not found this anywhere. Could it be that Atticus just makes things up to back up his arguement!? I think so.

EDIT:
ooo
just as predicted... Atticus has moved onto his next position... is this the 6th or 7th ?
he says:
My argument is essentially:

It is better to write a little bit of good stuff than a lot of crap.

This is not a laughable concept you idiot. It is very sensible and it makes a lot of sense.
which i obviously agree with. But if ANYONE reads back pages 7-10 -- they will see THIS WAS NOT your arguement at all. You were advocating violence against anyone who wrote more than you, asserted that anyone who wrote more than 8 pages was an idiot, and said that aserted that it was impossible to get a band 5/6 with 10+ pages.

Last edited:

crazedmo2003

HSC
Oh god no, there's now officially 4 baulko people in here arguing.

If we get to the critical limit of 10.....*shudders*

Last time that happened they overstaffed Westmead Hospitals for two days straight...

well, as put simply, blood must flow, *cocks shotgun* lets roll yo mofos

Atticus Ryan

beachbabe123
HSC
Yeah sure you guys win well done. I'm wrong. My argument has been shot down by your carefully planned and well executed counter-arguments.

I'll be back tomorrow to see if anyone has actually anything insightful to say against me.

leishypoo

HSC
well, to be honest i wrote depressingly little for each section...compared to some of my friends (needing SIX booklets! :O)

I: 4 pages and one line on the 5th(did it second)
II: about 6 pages
III: 8 complete pages, just not enough for a new booklet >< (did it first)

i'm more into quality not quantity myself, because a bit of blather might screw you right up. but if you need the extra space you'd prolly have HUGE writing or need time to convey/support your ideas (in which case there might be questions about how effectively you convey your ideas)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)