How often do you fall asleep in lectures? (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

I struggle to stay awake sometimes.. esp.. in 9am lecturers about boring topics.

Has anyone ever done anything stupid while nodding off in class.... like hit your head on the table, getting told off by lecturer or drooling or something haha.

tempco

HSC
i sleep often, at no specific time of the day... i just fall asleep easily. sucks though >_<

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
never felt asleep in a lecture.

if i am no going to do any work in the lecture(or benefit from going to it), i wont go to it.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I have 9-5 3 days of the week. After noon I'm too tired to concentrate but not tired enough to sleep! So I end up day-dreaming in lectures. Totally pisses me off.

X

xeuyrawp

I snore, so it would be bad.
Once in a boring year11 History presentation, I fell asleep, snored once, then got hit by friend.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i fell asleep in the morning lectures always on mondays, cant help it :(

i worry that when i lean back that my mouth stays open while i sleep

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i used to fall asleep in PE lessons back in yr 9 and 10...

i nearly fell asleep in two of my lectures last year, and it would've been bad coz i usually sit near the front coz of my short-sightedness :p

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
the question for me is "how often DON'T you sleep in lectures?"

lectures are like the most useless htings ever created...

self-explanatory

S

Shuter

I've been so tired that my head kept dropping to my chest and the fall would wake me up again for about 30 seconds...

But yeah, most of my falling asleep is also contained to the 1.5 hour train trip that rapsody bree also takes. Pitty I snore.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
fell asleep in my 8am maths1901 lecture last friday

sometimes u just have to give in to common sense

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
arghhhhhhhhh history is hellish for me. I havent been to lectures for 3 weeks. Before that, I was studious and made tonnes of notes. Then I made less notes...and less....finally nothing. Then I found myself nodding off in the back of the room....head in folded arms fast asleep until the rustling of people packing up will awaken me. Bah.

then in my tutorial, my eyes drooped and i was nodding back and forth (hopefully in a moderately subtle manner!!!).....I couldnt believe how bored I was...i had trouble keeping my head up and attempted to duck behind my friend for a minute so i could close my eyes for a peaceful 30 seconds or so....bah. Didnt work cos my class is small and it would be too obvious. But yeah, I never thought I would nod off in classes (despite hearing about people nodding off in lectures on BoS for a yr....) but its getting harder to stay awake for a full hour of a single voice talking.

jellybeenz

HSC
I sleep in Sociology lectures mostly-- arms on the table and head resting on them. On thursday I woke up at the end and my arm was wet because I was drooling on it. I think its becoming quite noticable to others, I was walking out and I heard someone say "See that girl over there, she just sleeps through all the lectures"....

I also fell asleep in Friday's psych lecture-- but the desks are hard to sleep on and I ended up with those weird creases on my face coz I was laying on my crumpled jacket. My friend laughed at me when I woke up.

I fell asleep in my Ancient History tute as well. I don't think the tutor was pleased at all.

I sleep a lot in lectures (yet its almost 4am now and I cant sleep), I wonder if there is any point in going? I'd feel so guilty if I didn't go to any though. So perhaps while I'm sleeping I'm taking in information somehow.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Its not the 4 day a week maths lectures I tend to fall asleep in, it's the later on lectures on those same days that get me for some reason.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I only sleep if I've had to wake up at 7am to get to a 9am lecture and then I'm usually on an adrenaline high for a while until the afternoon where it all just catches up to me and I need a nap. Luckily I have only two 9am starts a week!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
noneother said:
I have 9-5 3 days of the week. After noon I'm too tired to concentrate but not tired enough to sleep! So I end up day-dreaming in lectures. Totally pisses me off.
I have never fallen asleep but on Monday I have 9.30 - 6.30 so around the end I stop concentrating a bit.

If I'm in a lecture and I start to get really really bored, which is what happens in Management I just leave so theres really no chance of falling alseep.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
8am lectures (used to) 12noon chem (yeh, that guy's boring as) and last yr 2pm phys (just had lunch... me need lunch break =p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)