• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how old is too old? (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
age is a number to some extent.
if you love someone enough, or if you don't live near people :confused: - like that couple with a huge age difference on tv ages ago - then the age gap doesn't influence you as much.
but don't underestimate the pressure family, friends and society can have on the relationship. when nobody wants to see the two of you together, it would take a lot of ignoring-skills to keep the relationship going.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
age is a number to some extent.
if you love someone enough, or if you don't live near people :confused: - like that couple with a huge age difference on tv ages ago - then the age gap doesn't influence you as much.
but don't underestimate the pressure family, friends and society can have on the relationship. when nobody wants to see the two of you together, it would take a lot of ignoring-skills to keep the relationship going.
It's human nature to want something more and more as others forbid you to have it more and more. The lure of the illicit.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
It's human nature to want something more and more as others forbid you to have it more and more. The lure of the illicit.
and you would know.... from experience? :p

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
and you would know.... from experience? :p
Oh but no one's ever forbade me from having anything before.
I'll eventually get what i want =)

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
if you like the person enough, and they reciprocate your feelings go for it,

look at catherine zeta jones and michael douglas, or demi moore and ashton kutcher, or katie holmes and tom cruise (even though katie/tom have only been going a while) they are all still going and happy together

the age gap is only as important as you make it :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
waddle_828 said:
the age gap is only as important as you make it :)
yeah I agree, though saying that- I like older guys but personally wouldn't date anyone older then 26 at the moment.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
i like older ones or ones my age, but not older older seedy ones...ewww

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
honestly at 18 i think it's a bit stupid. you've been out of school for, what, a year? how much world experience do you have compared to this guy? like, what could you possibly relate to him about. mortages?

and honey, my parents have a 17 yr gap between them, ie 43 and 60. you know what my mum says by now? 'oh well, at least he'll die before i do'. i too have a penchant for older men and she warns me off it because while the gap may not matter so much at first, it inevitably starts to matter

rumour

HSC
Back in year 7 my friend went out with a 24 year old, she was 12!!!! But if the age gap doesn't bother you then go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
what. the. fuck.

12 and 24 isn't 'just a number'. it's a child and an adult. it's PEDOPHILIA ffs.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Samie_Loo said:
i happen to be in 'like' with a much older person... im am 17 going on 18... and this person is like early 30's... is this too old...

discuss
Yes, it is. Most high school relationships never last. With an age gap like this, you can be sure that if you did get together, you will be seperated within two years (more likely 6 months, but I'm being generous). This is not a special case. I am right, and you know it.

JRPeck said:
In the early 20th century this was accepted.
So was White Australia.

rumour said:
Back in year 7 my friend went out with a 24 year old, she was 12!!!!
Seconding the 'pedophile' comment. This is sick, and I suggest you advise your friend to ruin this guys life by spreading this little story around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)