• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how old is too old? (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i really dont think there is a serious issue with the age gap...

however, i think there is an issue if the man u are interested in is ur teacher.
This can never work, i have seen teachers reputations and careers been ruined and all over a little fling that began as a crush...
seriously, its not worth it.

having said that, if its not your teacher, your over the legal age of consent, so you are legally in charge of your sexuality and who you want to have a relatioship with.
Don't worry about what other people think, as long as you are happy.

cayte

Heh, you won't be able to talk about pop culture. Music, film, fashion, sport, public personalities, it's all going to mean something so different to each of you. He remembers the 70s, you were barely alive in the 80s!! That said, my partner is 8 years older than me. I'm 20 though, age gaps decrease as you get older.

corro

HSC
13 years age difference is too much of an age gap at a young age, but hey its your life go fuck it up.

You 'll have no real life experiences, he will be older, wiser and using these skills to cunningly take advantage of you. You probably wont even be aware that your being manipulated like most girls in your position are. Oh well, dont listen to anyone, your always right, he'll be your true love till he finds someone younger.

berticus

HSC
N/A
i personally feel that it is up to the individuals.... i mean i think that maybe at 17 or 18 someone who is 8+ yrs older than you might just be too old, but if you waited till you were 20 or 21, then that same age gap would be more 'socially acceptable' if i can put it that way. But having said that there are a lot of girls out there that, based on their life experiences already, are 18 goin on 30 already....i mean some girls are just really mature and responsible at 17 and 18...(having said that some guys could be 25 going on 15....just watch big brother...)
so i think that it is an individual decision only...if you are happy, then you are happy....just dont commit fully to him/her.... patience is a virtue (i don't believe it, i sound like my dad!!!)

HSC
N/A
hi, i'm 18 going on 19 and i met the most gorgeous 7 year old yesterday. usually 5 is my limit, but i'm wondering, is this boy that i met yesterday too old for me?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
artheterosexual said:
hi, i'm 18 going on 19 and i met the most gorgeous 7 year old yesterday. usually 5 is my limit, but i'm wondering, is this boy that i met yesterday too old for me?
Wow, that's better than your last relationship.

HSC
N/A
my last girlfriend died after a freak accident while i was branding her nipples, she was only 4

HSC
N/A
why the
?
we were going out for two years, it was very sad and i still haven't fully recovered

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
im 18, 19 at the end of the year
and i think 25 up it too old for me...
25 on the boarder.. i had a thing going with a 25 year old.. but we were just on different levels.. theyre after major comitment looking for marriage material lol
whereas ive just started out in the dating scene!
if its for a relationship i suppose its whatever makes you feeel comfortable
my friend just turned 18 and was going out with a 27 year old.. he was all cool at the beginning, then when we jst turned 18.. he is over the clubbing scene, over the hanging out scene, over going out with mates and cruising, all that kinda stuff.. theyre just on different levels and often end up fighting about it...

G

gigi_love

oldest i would date, is 5 or so years older...so a 23 yr old is getting border line, it does all change when you really like them though..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
wow...i think artherosexual is beating reigning champion hiphophooray at the widely contested "WTF" factor in this thread...branding nipples? where the dash do you think of these things honey?

shortie_689

HSC
i have no idea if u guys are still on topic but girl from work she is 20 and she is dating a 32 year old... i think thats a tad bizarre

berticus

HSC
N/A
shortie_689 said:
i have no idea if u guys are still on topic but girl from work she is 20 and she is dating a 32 year old... i think thats a tad bizarre
all depends on what she wants from the relationship
if she is looking to 'settle down' and get married, then she is in the right place, but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, ppl that age apart are on different levels..

ariande

The Don
HSC
i don't think 20 and 32 is bazaar at all... my mother was 16 when she met my dad and he was 26... they got married when she was 17 and in year 12, she had three kids before she was 22. they are still married 28 years later.

maturity is a relative thing. it affects people in different ways. generally in a relationship the maturity level needs to be on the same line with both people. but this, like any rule, has its exceptions. lets say that one was too serious, and one too silly. their effect on each other would bring them both back to a happy medium (in an ideal situation obviously).

i just think that, although the situation could work, you have to approach it with a lot of caution. you cannot just be headstrong and rush into things, otherwise there is a very real chance that you will fall apart, be it emotionally or what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)