How should I apply Mcdonalds/KFC/Subway? (1 Viewer)

julyisgreat

HSC
Hi there, I wanna get a job from some fast food chains (quick start and but easier to get in,i assume) like Maccas,kfc,subway.
I hv already applied kfc but i got no reply for interview so i assume i hv been screened off .

what abt mcdonalds? I cant find any online application form ?Do i juz walk-in? go to the store that i preferred?

do u guys know the pay of maccas for 20y.o?

is it hard to get into mcdonalds?

really wanna get a job asap..any more suggestions?

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Hi there, I wanna get a job from some fast food chains (quick start and but easier to get in,i assume) like Maccas,kfc,subway.
I hv already applied kfc but i got no reply for interview so i assume i hv been screened off .

what abt mcdonalds? I cant find any online application form ?Do i juz walk-in? go to the store that i preferred?

the rate for mcdonalds casual 20yr old is $17.66/hr however they are unlikely to hire anyone at 20yrs unless you go like straight into a manager position (as you are relatively more expensive than the majority of the other people working there)

Last edited:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

For Mc Donalds you can apply online, my friend applied online and was called in for an interview.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
KFC I'm pretty sure will have forms in the store if they are hiring. But with any of those you can often ask the manager in charge if you can apply.

aya-chan

HSC
the rate for mcdonalds casual 20yr old is $17.66/hr however they are unlikely to hire anyone at 20yrs unless you go like straight into a manager position (as you are relatively more expensive than the majority of the other people working there)
if you work 1am - 5am you get $20.61.

you're looking at $14.72 if you're gonna work part/full time rather than casual ... and $17.66 for working 1am-5am.

you'll get more as a manager though. and free meals. =)

random-1005

Banned
HSC
if you work 1am - 5am you get $20.61.

you're looking at $14.72 if you're gonna work part/full time rather than casual ... and $17.66 for working 1am-5am.

you'll get more as a manager though. and free meals. =)
this should be other way round (ie during the day)

arcticfox

HSC
Beats KFC. We get no penalty for 1-5am =[

(Oh and apply online for both KFC/Maccas, maccas pays more though :)

julyisgreat

HSC
Thanks guys for help.
I applied Maccas aready,all of the stored I applied sent me an email saying that my application is under review and ll notify me the outcome in 2 weeks.

Hopefully I can really get a rpely after in 2 weeks times.

Big thanks here!
cheers

mr_robato

HSC
Yeah KFC is only online...we don't accept walk ins we just tell them to apply online.
KFC 20 year old is $17.XX
Woaw.

KFC's rates PWN oporto's rates and are much heigher than I expected (I used to work there, hated it with a passion). I live like fifty meters from my nearest KFC, I will apply for sure closer to October (so I get a job for that post-HSC 4 month break).

So a 20 year old gets some thing like "$17.XX", So a 19 year old I assume would be fifteen or so (Because I'll be nineteen by then).

Could you lemme know on a more exact figure, please :)

RObato.

Kiim2507

HSC
Woaw.

KFC's rates PWN oporto's rates and are much heigher than I expected (I used to work there, hated it with a passion). I live like fifty meters from my nearest KFC, I will apply for sure closer to October (so I get a job for that post-HSC 4 month break).

So a 20 year old gets some thing like "$17.XX", So a 19 year old I assume would be fifteen or so (Because I'll be nineteen by then).

Could you lemme know on a more exact figure, please :)

RObato.
I'm not sure of the exact figures...I've just seen on the rosters they sometimes have peoples wages.
But you also have a "training wage" for 6 months which puts your wage around $1.50-$2 lower I think

19y.o training wage is about $13.80 with the full wage at around $15.30

I'll look at roster tomorrow and try get exact numbers. Also every KFC is different

chsjtb09

HSC
I'm at maccas and get a bit over $16 an hour and sunday's i'm on around $21 because i'm on the old award. it's pretty good money for the time being but in as couple years it's pretty shithouse

mr_robato

HSC
I'm not sure of the exact figures...I've just seen on the rosters they sometimes have peoples wages.
But you also have a "training wage" for 6 months which puts your wage around $1.50-$2 lower I think

19y.o training wage is about $13.80 with the full wage at around $15.30

I'll look at roster tomorrow and try get exact numbers. Also every KFC is different

Thanks heaps. Totally appreciated.

$13.80 for training pay aint bad at all consdering the shetty $9.75 I was on at Oporto's (training pay).

Do you work in the front of house or back of house? (if that's what you guys call it at KFC).

Thanks, i hope you don't for get :D

Good night :)

Kiim2507

HSC
Thanks heaps. Totally appreciated.

$13.80 for training pay aint bad at all consdering the shetty $9.75 I was on at Oporto's (training pay).

Do you work in the front of house or back of house? (if that's what you guys call it at KFC).

Thanks, i hope you don't for get :D

Good night :)
Wow $9.75?! For an 18 year old? I thought my $12.08 was bad lol

I mainly serve but they're cross training me atm so I'm learning how to cook and run the burger station.

mr_robato

HSC
Wow $9.75?! For an 18 year old? I thought my $12.08 was bad lol

I mainly serve but they're cross training me atm so I'm learning how to cook and run the burger station.

$9.75 an hour in a kitchen, cooking fillets of the grill, with 30C out side was NOT COOL. Plus Oporto's has a policy where only boys work in the kitchen and girls at the front.

Now that you mention that $13.80 an hour (for the first six months), I am totally considering KFC as a possible post-HSC job.

Hurdle: the buggers tend to be stingy when it comes to hiring "older" candidates. But oh well, can only apply and hope.

Kiim2507

HSC
Ok now I have no idea how much anyone earns lol..cos it seems everyone at work is earning different wages =\

But it should be around $13.50 or something because I'm earning $12.08 training for an 18 year old and it will definitely go up by at least a dollar

The wage for a 21+ is $19.13 I think or around that and 20 year old is 90% or that, 19 year old is 80% etc
of
So a 19year old full wage should be around $15.30 so yeah training should be in the area or $13.80

gahh I don't know..too confusing :p

julyisgreat

HSC
omg I still hvnt heard any reply from Maccas after 1 week of application.
does it mean that my application has been failed?
or we ll get a failure of application anyway?
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)