How to become a stockbroker? (1 Viewer)

El Magnifico

HSC
Next year i will going to Macquarie (Atar of 92 with bonus points, hard to see not making the courses) and i was curious as to what would be the best course to take to get involved in stockbroking?

PilotMerp

HSC
Do you mean working for a stock broker ?

or reselling stock broking services which wouldn't involve any tertiary qualification just market knowledge and experience

Monsterman

HSC
Next year i will going to Macquarie (Atar of 92 with bonus points, hard to see not making the courses) and i was curious as to what would be the best course to take to get involved in stockbroking?
psychology

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you gotta figure out what exactly you want to do when you say 'stock broker'. Do you mean the guy who just answers telephone calls and punches buttons on a computer, or something a bit more (e.g. analysts, traders, etc)?

Ziva

Banned
HSC
B Ec/B App Fin

Will put you in good stead.

FreeWorld

HSC
Finance related is in oversupply so choose another career path.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Since forever. Heaps of finance grads, hardly any worthwhile jobs for the bottom 95%.

PilotMerp

HSC
@ OP

How much fundamental/technical analysis experience do you currently have ?

Also i don't think you have answered my previous question.

If your aiming to resell broking services (independently) then you require market experience.

If you plan on working for a stock broker as an analyst, then other qualifications may be required.

Based on your response i may be able to suggest a few things

Last edited:

FreeWorld

HSC
Finance and IT are oversupply so choose a different career path you bloody greedy bastards.

germansuplex

HSC
Finance and IT are oversupply so choose a different career path you bloody greedy bastards.
That's quite a thing to say for someone who lists "Accounting/Banking/Finance" as Industry Interests on the About Me page LMAO

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just because you list it as an industry interest doesn't necessarily mean anything... unfortunately a lot of the A/B/F jobs are not the high profile/super well paid grad jobs which the stereotypes lead you to believe.

germansuplex

HSC
Just because you list it as an industry interest doesn't necessarily mean anything... unfortunately a lot of the A/B/F jobs are not the high profile/super well paid grad jobs which the stereotypes lead you to believe.
In normal circumstances, yes it doesn't necessarily mean anything. But when a troll such as FreeWorld comes along and tries to bag out the industry in which he himself has an interest in...I find it pathetic.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey when did you become a moderator? I want to be one too!

Agreed! Finance is overrated. Chances are you'd end up in some low-paying broker job.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just before the BoScrash :)

I think unless you're good at finance and are actually able to think prospectively, most of the finance jobs are not too different from accounting but without the rules/standards making it harder to progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)