How to find out your overall rank in the state for a subject (1 Viewer)

coz707

HSC
Maybe -- but did you "like" English etc.? It's possible to do well in subjects and not like them, or like them despite not doing too well in them.

Edit: realised you weren't talking about yourself. Haha
Hello. The person in question is me.

I am very interested in everything. If given the option I would have done Physics, Modern and Drama as well lol.

leehuan

HSC
Hello. The person in question is me.

I am very interested in everything. If given the option I would have done Physics, Modern and Drama as well lol.
Lol.
________

You forgot about EX2 though

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Oi, guy who came second in MX2...

(note I was accelerated..)

...came 1st in Economics. 1st in EX1. 1st in Legal. 1st in Eng Adv. 1st in MX1.
I did say "on this site" haha

My best friend (the one who got equal DUX with me) did MX1 as well as EX1 but she dropped MX1 eventually haha.

leehuan

HSC
I did say "on this site" haha

My best friend (the one who got equal DUX with me) did MX1 as well as EX1 but she dropped MX1 eventually haha.
Lol he's still on this site.

A thought that I don't usually have but do question from time to time is whether he or another student (only 2 options total) will get dux

leehuan

HSC
Oh sorry haha you didn't mention that though :p

When does your school announce DUX?
I know sorry :p

Next year at the opening academic assembly. They invite us back for the presentation of the top ATAR students.

Instead of relying on our Cardinal Freeman Award for Excellence scheme, we do actually use the ATAR to determine the dux.

If I go ask them (assuming they'll tell me their ATARs) then that's dux known right there. Because those two are unbeatable.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I know sorry :p

Next year at the opening academic assembly. They invite us back for the presentation of the top ATAR students.

Instead of relying on our Cardinal Freeman Award for Excellence scheme, we do actually use the ATAR to determine the dux.

If I go ask them (assuming they'll tell me their ATARs) then that's dux known right there. Because those two are unbeatable.
Oh okay

Yeah ATAR is probs a more accurate way of determining DUX but my friend and I would most likely be the two to get the highest ATAR... not to be like up myself or anything but like I said before, my school just has a smaller pool of students who consistently work hard therefore it's easier to succeed within my cohort than at higher ranked schools.

Edit: Like I'm sure if I went to your school I'd be like ranked last in everything lol

leehuan

HSC
Oh okay

Yeah ATAR is probs a more accurate way of determining DUX but my friend and I would most likely be the two to get the highest ATAR... not to be like up myself or anything but like I said before, my school just has a smaller pool of students who consistently work hard therefore it's easier to succeed within my cohort than at higher ranked schools.
I'm kind of hoping I come 3rd ATAR wise however. Like I'm quite positive that I'm top 5 but 3rd also gets a trophy...

leehuan

HSC
Edit: Like I'm sure if I went to your school I'd be like ranked last in everything lol
Show me one of your essays for English. You could potentially be 4th. Top 3 have a high chance at getting a band 6.

Do keep in mind though you wouldn't be allowed here, all guys :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
are you like the only person on this site who likes both lol

are there even any other humanities ppl
probably

There are some humanities people, but I'm not sure if there's any humanities plus maffs people

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's cause our school didn't offer it. Our English dept is not the best.
"didn't offer it"?

how can you 'offer' a subject that requires nothing except the supervision of one teacher?

leehuan

HSC
"didn't offer it"?

how can you 'offer' a subject that requires nothing except the supervision of one teacher?
NONE, of our school's teachers have the required skill to mentor the EX2 student. Don't forget that the viva voce, report and first draft are a part of the internals as well; they really don't want to put in the effort.

We used to have one, however she retired to become an actual author. She now teaches very casually.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
excuse me my school wouldn't offer it either
don't judge the plebs plz
kids these days

my school didn't offer extension 2 english or maths

but my cohort went and talked to the head of secondary and the principal, we explained that we really, really, really wanted to do those subjects and that we were willing to go to class before and after normal school start so that we could go through content

and then they ~magically~ offered it

wheres the fight and passion

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
NONE, of our school's teachers have the required skill to mentor the EX2 student. Don't forget that the viva voce, report and first draft are a part of the internals as well; they really don't want to put in the effort.

We used to have one, however she retired to become an actual author. She now teaches very casually.
Skill?

If your teachers didn't want to put in effort, you complain to the principal or head of school that you want to do these subjects, you are paying to go to these schools, this is your HSC and an important year of your life, and "I'm too lazy to supervise you" is a bullcrap excuse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)