how to fit homework and organisation (1 Viewer)

aby

------------>
i'd compress all the notes and handouts into dot point summaries as you learn it and then keep the random sheets away in some sort of filing system... if not a folder, then one of those portable filing system things for quick reference if u need it. Summaries are easier to study from.

Instead of a timetable, why not try a 'to-do' list? U feel great when you cross off things... so it's more motivating than restrictive, unlike timetables.

Also, try to integrate your homework with your study plan... like do the set task, then perhaps spend more time researching that particular task or memorising it ..etc.

Good luck!

pri

HSC
N/A
a todo list is more rewarding

i have a giant red marker i use to cross things off coz completion gives me so much satisfaction, whereas a timetable doesnt really as ti doesnt account for how much actual work done, just hours spent

Rahul

Dead Member
better still u can burn the piece of paper > "the to-do list"wen u have dun ur work!!!

other alternatives to "marking it off"
*burn it
*feed it to d dog...or cat, whichever is less suseptable to constepation
*burn it
*BURN IT

if u cant fink of anything u can burn it!!!!

and if it is a big assessment...then u can bake it in the oven....this measure should be taken in extreme circumstances. for eg wen u finish d major art project or sumfin

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
na, see i have a timetable and every night i would plan for the next day with a sort of "things to do list" in where i list what to do in each session... but then you get homework and i find i couldn't do the things i initially planed to study and yeah... that was my question how people fit in homework... i guess its a wrong place to ask coz this forum is filled rebellions of the normal routines. ;)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
na, see i have a timetable and every night i would plan for the next day with a sort of "things to do list" in where i list what to do in each session... but then you get homework and i find i couldn't do the things i initially planed to study and yeah... that was my question how people fit in homework... i guess its a wrong place to ask coz this forum is filled rebellions of the normal routines. ;)
I leave 3 hrs for homework always.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
cant really say coz i never had a study timetable. had the same miggins as you...

but be realistic. 3 hours seems about right

asymptote

i have organised a timetable for study and i have put up what subjects to study and when etc. but, one thing i find difficult to fit in is the homework, coz everyday it fluctuates and sometimes i find i am giving up time on certain subjects coz i had to do homework/assessment. so how'd you guys cope with this?

also how the hell did you guys organise sheets? by topics? i've got so much sheets that its not funny.

its hard to stick to the same time table all the time....what i do is...i usually make my time tables on snday night for the 5 week days....like ud know wat assessment u already have and wat subjects u get the most HW from....so write em....n the rest of the time....allocate it for other revision portions....

asymptote

Originally posted by Ultimate
I have a simple answer, don't use timetables - for me anyway, they simply didn't work. I just did what I felt like keeping in mind that I needed to devote extra time to english cause it was my worst subject.

I don't know how people stick to timetables. I mean I think they are too rigid and annoying for my liking, and I found I could never stick to them.

You don't have to have a timetable to be organised. I mean I was mentally organised that I didn't need a timtable.

I suggest that ppl just do what is best for them.
i think its hard to study hap hazardly...where u dont know wat ur prepared to do....u end up wasting time....my experience!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I don't know how ppl can keep to timetables, life isn't meant to be so rigid.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i couldn't agree more...

just make sure you have the discipline to do some study, unlike i did...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
IE:
-instead of saying- "yesterday i went to th ebeach and had a swim" you can say "Yesterday, went to beach for and had swim"
or even something simplier. This is only an example, ut i hope u get da picture.

Nice example natstar lol

aby

------------>
Originally posted by natstar
YEAH, do that folder thingy and put dividers it it. Dont have heaps and heaps of notes. Simplify then my makeing really simple notes that u can remember. IE:
-instead of saying- "yesterday i went to th ebeach and had a swim" you can say "Yesterday, went to beach for and had swim"
or even something simplier. This is only an example, ut i hope u get da picture.
Good idea...

How about:

yest. --> beach --> swim

:D ( saving ink )

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
breathe in ... and breathe out ... now repeat this over and over again ... :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)