How to get a 99.95 + State Rankings (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much for the advice iSplicer! Judging by the fact that you got a 99.95 ATAR and you are doing Medicine at USyd, what you say is the truth.
For the first point, yes, I can't slow down at this point thinking I'm ahead, I need to keep working consistently all year and understand the rules of the game, i.e. scaling, exam techniques, school ranks, the effect of English etc...
It takes discipline and hard work to reach to the top of anything and the HSC is no exception. A student aiming for the top marks has to be consistent and work as hard as possible to gain an advantage over everyone else since the ATAR is just your ranks compared to everyone else doing the HSC.
Chemistry, Physics, MX1 and MX2 are easy to study for since you know exactly what to do, so at the moment my only problem is English.
I'll look into English tutoring and pay more attention to English. What do you think is a good way to study English?
This is so true, you have to work on your english, but its also very important to look at your extracurricular/leadership/volunteering activities. If you are hell bent on med (at USYD, Melb or UNSW), a good portion of your interview will be about these aspects of your life.

HSC
Uni Grad
English is my weakest LOL
How do I improve that? I'm trying to buy essays from people on BoS but they are really expensive... Do you think I should get a tutor for English, otherwise how do I improve English?
I have a really good study plan for maths and science though.
Dude, never buy essays, or copy other people's ideas. Mimicking is a much more inferior way of learning compared to your own intuition or ideas. What you should do for English is get a copy of the rubric and see if your essays/creative follow the guidelines and outcomes of the rubric.

For example, I had to compare The Great Gatsby and love poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Although both texts were about love, the module was called "Texts in Time" and the rubric stated that students were meant to examine the relationship between text and context. From this much, you should be able to realise that the whole point of this module was to look at certain themes and ideals and how they have been portrayed within the text, and if context had anything to do with that portrayal (and vice-versa).

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Dude, never buy essays, or copy other people's ideas. Mimicking is a much more inferior way of learning compared to your own intuition or ideas. What you should do for English is get a copy of the rubric and see if your essays/creative follow the guidelines and outcomes of the rubric.

For example, I had to compare The Great Gatsby and love poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Although both texts were about love, the module was called "Texts in Time" and the rubric stated that students were meant to examine the relationship between text and context. From this much, you should be able to realise that the whole point of this module was to look at certain themes and ideals and how they have been portrayed within the text, and if context had anything to do with that portrayal (and vice-versa).
excellent advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)