How to get better! (1 Viewer)

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Hey guys,
I have a Maths Exam coming up and also an English this week.. (I'm fucked)
but anyway.. I think i'll do pretty good in Maths as in Has Log, Trig Functions.. AND THE WORST TOPIC IN MATHS PROBABILITY!
my question is.. How do I get better at Probability?
In past papers, I do Trig and Log pretty good.. But probability I get like 2/20 it's just so difficult for ME!
And moving on to English, How can my Essay improve?
My tutor made me write An essay which she said I would receive an 17-18/20 Which I pleased, But I need help with manipulating the Essay question with the Essay I have written myself, I seem to be unable to this. Topic sentences are killers.
Anybody HELP!

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
For probability all i can really advise you is to think of it in simple concepts, and just keep hammering the questions till you find a pattern that works for you :)

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
For probability all i can really advise you is to think of it in simple concepts, and just keep hammering the questions till you find a pattern that works for you :)
HAHA yes that what my tutor said aswell, She said I always think too complex about the question which leads me to have the incorrect answer. But it's Just so difficult Probability..

qwerty44

HSC
HAHA yes that what my tutor said aswell, She said I always think too complex about the question which leads me to have the incorrect answer. But it's Just so difficult Probability..
Probability is a logical topic. Just take your time (when learning) and don't over complicate it. If your having trouble with HSC questions go back to basics in a simple textbook.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Probability is a logical topic. Just take your time (when learning) and don't over complicate it. If your having trouble with HSC questions go back to basics in a simple textbook.
I've tried... But I think my brain isn't one that think's Logically LOL..
it's too DIFICULT.

qwerty44

HSC
Do you have maths in focus? If so do the first questions from each exercise. Doesn't get any easier than that. Even do development q's in cambridge.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Do you have maths in focus? If so do the first questions from each exercise. Doesn't get any easier than that. Even do development q's in cambridge.
Nah I dont have Maths in focus I use a different text book, There pretty simple as well. But the later Exercises are too Mind Fucking For me.. and Tree diagrams also get confusing.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Tree diagrams are pretty simple though. You might want to really go through the basics then.

Alkanes

HSC
Just keep on practising on probability and remember for topic sentences don't make things complicated. Just make it simple but with enough depth to make them sound decent enough.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Lots of TIMED past papers!
Timed papers are good when he gets the questions right, i think the main concern getting the questions right first
Another technique i would do if it's of any help is to get the question, get the answer work out how they get it and work the trend from that :)

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
its ok bud just practice
Thanks for stating the obvious reps2g. Thank you very much, you're words their just so motivational and inspriring. Thank you so much.
Thanks once again, you're words.. they're incredible.

davidd1

HSC
Understand the examples of the book, and solve the homework you took in the class and you are good enough to pass the exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)