MetroMattums

HSC
Heaps of stress hay.
"Doctor i have a cold"
"Seems like an up chest viral infection to me"
"Can you give me anything for it?"
"Its a virus..."
*Doctor goes home and slashes wrists over stress of job*
Try being responsible for someone's death because of the wrong diagnosis.

vce_kiddo

HSC
Uni's (well, monash for one) are nw implemeting an interview process because apparently they fond that whilst some had the intellectual ability, they lacked primary social skills needed to empathise and communicate with patients.

Good on them I say ;).

:spam:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Try being responsible for someone's death because of the wrong diagnosis.
depends on wat type of doctor you become, a lot of doctors don't get involved in life threatening situations, however yes many of them do have to put up with death right in front of their faces

Try being responsible for 100's of deaths when the plane you designed crashes. Or your bridge collapses. Or the a chemical you created break loose.
hmmmm, well that WOULD epically suck if that happened, however it seems that death is a more likely and in a way.. "assumed".. part of being a doctor, like its assumed that at some stage you will see someone die, whereas as an engineer you dont exactly go in with the mindset that your bridge is gonna collapse and kill a whole bunch of ppl

bleh wat wud i know anyways lol

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Try being responsible for 100's of deaths when the plane you designed crashes. Or your bridge collapses. Or the a chemical you created break loose.
way too rare. how often to u hear of bridges collapsing as compared to medical stuff ups.

WOOOT!!! 500th post. rep plz

hosay

HSC
N/A
way too rare. how often to u hear of bridges collapsing as compared to medical stuff ups.

WOOOT!!! 500th post. rep plz
Thats cause engineers learn from their mistakes lol..unlike some people

nah just kidding, yeh medical stuff ups are much more common, also human body is much more vulnerable.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Thats cause engineers learn from their mistakes lol..unlike some people.
more like patients never learn

"oh really? did my high cholesterol levels cause the acute myocardial infarction? and ur saying its from eating high fat foods? oh ok, i see." *goes to KFC and orders pack of 10 fried chicken wings*. true story.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
i dont find engo to be all that challenging

like i dont do any work and do assignments the day before and cram for the exams but only maths intensive stuff is hard (unless you are a 4u guy), the rest is pretty common sense imo

although i work in engo so idk i might be biased

boganxcore

HSC
I really love how the *not jealous* engo kids come on a 'how to get into medicine' thread and talk about how easy it is. I would like to see what their umat scores were if they attempted it, and if they didn't they should give it a go to prove how awesome they are maybe., or throw them in and interview and see how they fare.

Medicine is not easy to get into, it is easier through things like rural entry (for an unbonded place you still need like 96-97+ atar and an alright umat) or just an easier university. Achieving basically a 99+ atar and 90th+ %'tile for entry at UNSW is no joke, I would like to see you do it, if you claim you have no interest then GTFO of the medicine forums guys.

Also pretty debatable to say the workload is easy too, I'm doing Foundations and I have 4 assignments on the go + a serious exam all very soon, and our workload almost doubles in 6 weeks or so when we begin BGD-A.

With regards to very low scores, I'm pretty sure there is 1 rural person in my cohort who got in with 91 atar, and he got a bonded place obviously. In more detail, for rural entry at UNSW you compete for 25% of the places (so 52). You don't get bonus points; it just works out that the calibre of competition is somewhat less. If you can get 96-97 atar and like 80'th %'tile or higher umat you should be in fine.
hahaha uummm m8

i distinctly remember you commenting on how you thought you would easily get into med

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)