• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to get into my course? (1 Viewer)

muscleman09

HSC
Hey guys, im aiming for 93UAI, and really am interested in Architecture. However, i've been feeling a little nervous lately, and have been thinking i will just manage to get over 80 UAI, mid 80's. I wanted to know if i did not get the required mark for B. Architecture, what do i do, to transfer into it?

I dont want to study 3 years of something, then transfer to architecture for another 5-6 years...

Im doing visual arts and am sure i will get band 5 or 6, so i know i will get 4 or 5 bonus marks through the bonus scheme UTS offers.

Also, i noticed courses with lower UAI requirements, such as B. Property Economics?
What exactly is that, what jobs does it open up to you?

Thanks.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Hey guys, im aiming for 93UAI, and really am interested in Architecture. However, i've been feeling a little nervous lately, and have been thinking i will just manage to get over 80 UAI, mid 80's. I wanted to know if i did not get the required mark for B. Architecture, what do i do, to transfer into it?

I dont want to study 3 years of something, then transfer to architecture for another 5-6 years...

Im doing visual arts and am sure i will get band 5 or 6, so i know i will get 4 or 5 bonus marks through the bonus scheme UTS offers.

Also, i noticed courses with lower UAI requirements, such as B. Property Economics?

Thanks.
Options:

1 - Get into other course at uni, study hard and get a distinction average and then transfer into archi.

2 - Go to tafe and study architectural technology and then transfer into uni archi at UTS.

3 - Do a man's degree; engineering

4 - Property economic......better to do a business degree.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

Thanks.
If all else fails, do an apprenticeship at Tafe.

Get into UNSW science, and do all architecture subjects, then keep applying to transfer into architecture.

muscleman09

HSC
cheers buddies

engineering, is for the weak.

lol... i just want to get into UNI, and with what ever result i get, i will look at my options, and see how i can work my way to my preferred course, or if i work hard enough, i could get in 1st go.

Would you guys have any clue into what the '010 uai requirements could possibly be? Is the 09 1st years for architecture crowded much?

ty

Gbot.exe

HSC
Hey mate,
I'm also interested in becoming an architect and after reading your thread
ive realised that my situation is almost exactly like yours..
I am aiming for the 91.80 but i feel nervous and i feel like ive slackened off in the last few months.
Well this is what i think you should do if you dont get in... (this is what im doing)
visit this site.. UTS:INSEARCH - Home - UTS:INSEARCH
by doing an eight month diploma course at uts (Diploma of design - part one)
you can get into the bachelor of design in architecture the following year.

I'm not a 100% sure on this, which is why i came on here to check if anyone else is doing the same thing...

Anyway let me know what you guys also interested in architecture at uts think.. and if it is a good backup option..
thanks,

Gj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)