How to spend the holidays?? (1 Viewer)

nail

HSC
N/A
Well, for a start, don't call them holidays! Here is my study timetable if it's of any help - just substitute your own subjects.

Last edited:

nail

HSC
N/A
Oops - that didn't work did it! Sorry about that - please take my previous post off if at all possible!

kevda1st

HSC
I think the best thing to do is to do as much as u can in 2/3 hours and take a little break. Than repeat ALL day but still get ATLEAST 7 hours sleep and eat properly. I find that i cant concentrate and nothing sticks if i study with an empty stomach or if im tired.

Last edited:

nail

HSC
N/A
Thanks Shady - i'll be an expert at this just in time to never use it again!!
OK, so my timetable is
8.00 get up/breakfast
8.30-11.30 Past paper - different subject each day (call this subject 1 for today)
11.30-12.00 break/eat
12.00-1.30 review things i didn't know on past paper
1.30-2.00 lunch
2.00-3.30 subject 2
3.30-5.30 eat/gym/swim/walk/facebook/whatever
5.30-7.00 subject 3
7.00-8.00 dinner
8.00-9.30 subject 4
9.30-10.00 get tomorrow's paper ready/ read english texts
10.00 bed
next day - start with subject 5 and keep going around the loop
i hope i can keep it up for the next four weeks!

subjects: Adv English Extn English 3-unit maths Chemistry Physics Anc Hist
ATAR aim: 93

hecheeseman

HSC
im sticking to my normal school time table and doing a plan for the next day the night before. its working ok atm..

copeys

HSC
Thanks Shady - i'll be an expert at this just in time to never use it again!!
OK, so my timetable is
8.00 get up/breakfast
8.30-11.30 Past paper - different subject each day (call this subject 1 for today)
11.30-12.00 break/eat
12.00-1.30 review things i didn't know on past paper
1.30-2.00 lunch
2.00-3.30 subject 2
3.30-5.30 eat/gym/swim/walk/facebook/whatever
5.30-7.00 subject 3
7.00-8.00 dinner
8.00-9.30 subject 4
9.30-10.00 get tomorrow's paper ready/ read english texts
10.00 bed
next day - start with subject 5 and keep going around the loop
i hope i can keep it up for the next four weeks!

subjects: Adv English Extn English 3-unit maths Chemistry Physics Anc Hist
ATAR aim: 93
That is good, I am implementing that as my study plan :)

Schoey93

HSC
I, like many others, hope to make the most of the coming holidays

but i don't really know how to split it up.

I have a lot of difficulty doing one subject for more than a 5 hour stretch, but I also can't demand too much of myself by saying "one past paper for each subject every day"

i can't go without a plan because i'll procrastinate.

How are you guys planning to spend the next 19 days?
Pfft ... man, there are only about 14 days until the HSC exams start (if you do Business Studies). By now you really should be prepared in my opinion. I have already prepared for my SC exams, albeit they are much easier to prepare for, but they are on even later than the HSC exams.

I don't know if you've heard the aphorism "you should start preparing for yearly exams one year before", but it's true. You prepare by doing classwork, HOMEWORK and assessment tasks... TBH you really should be prepared already, given the short amount of time left...and I think you should be prepared for everything... you should have done English essay plans or practised draft essays, memorised techniques and the typical effect of each and experimented with the non-linear narrative structure.

Of course I only recommend you be prepared two weeks before if you want to ace the exams without pointless cramming, which I know I want to, for the SC AND the HSC.

Last edited:

Finx

HSC
Pfft ... man, there are only about 14 days until the HSC exams start (if you do Business Studies). By now you really should be prepared in my opinion. I have already prepared for my SC exams, albeit they are much easier to prepare for, but they are on even later than the HSC exams.

I don't know if you've heard the aphorism "you should start preparing for yearly exams one year before", but it's true. You prepare by doing classwork, HOMEWORK and assessment tasks... TBH you really should be prepared already, given the short amount of time left...and I think you should be prepared for everything... you should have done English essay plans or practised draft essays, memorised techniques and the typical effect of each and experimented with the non-linear narrative structure.

Of course I only recommend you be prepared two weeks before if you want to ace the exams without pointless cramming, which I know I want to, for the SC AND the HSC.
You talk a lot of shit for someone who hasn't gone past the school certificate yet.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
I second Finx. Schoey why you gotta be such a douchebag?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)