How to spend the holidays?? (1 Viewer)

Scinery

HSC
I, like many others, hope to make the most of the coming holidays

but i don't really know how to split it up.

I have a lot of difficulty doing one subject for more than a 5 hour stretch, but I also can't demand too much of myself by saying "one past paper for each subject every day"

i can't go without a plan because i'll procrastinate.

How are you guys planning to spend the next 19 days?

Finx

HSC
One hour revision for one subject
One hour break
One hour revision for a different subject
One hour break

Rinse repeat for 14 hours a day until the HSC.

q3thefish

HSC
Work more.
Sleep less.
Divide time evenly between subjects.
Bulk of time = exams.
Exams under strict conditions.

... own the HSC.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
At the library studying. Probably get there at 9:30-10:00am and leave at 5:00-6:00pm. Have lunch and afternoon tea breaks. A lot of study for English, Ancient, Modern and Music. A bit for Maths and Visual Arts (most of my study for Art will happen after my Modern exam because I've got a week between both exams).
Same as last holidays basically.

HSC
One hour revision for one subject
One hour break
One hour revision for a different subject
One hour break

Rinse repeat for 14 hours a day until the HSC.
14 hours? this is a joke right?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
less time on bos/facebook/myspace/internet in general will definitely help

omniscience

HSC
N/A
ahmm well i'll probs study for 4unit maths the most, seeing as it is mah best subject, i'll spend roughly 4 hrs per day on maths (need to beat lyounamu) for english ill just read books for half'n'hour and yah dont kno about everfing else

HSC
ahmm well i'll probs study for 4unit maths the most, seeing as it is mah best subject, i'll spend roughly 4 hrs per day on maths (need to beat lyounamu) for english ill just read books for half'n'hour and yah dont kno about everfing else
reading books is not going to get you anywhere :)

shady145

Banned
HSC
first week = spread subs out, prob 5 hours a day of study, second week mainly focus on business and english as they are first and my weakest subs.

HSC
I might study at the library every day, but i know it's going to be packed.

I'll start at around 9, probably finish around the time i go to sleep.

I need to go hardcore if i want to go to USYD.

dsfghjkjhgfrde

Schoey93

HSC
reading books is not going to get you anywhere :)
That's not true. Reading books helps to increase your vocabulary (if you look up words in the dictionary you don't know the meaning of or learn their meaning from the context) and it can give you ideas for your creative writing piece, by introducing you to different narrative forms. Reading over the prescribed texts will definitely help also, especially for Paper 2.

I believe most of what people learn at school they learn through reading books.

Sorry, I am being a bit literal. Of course he should do more than just read books to prepare. Practising how to identify language features and explain their effect, memorising quotes and writing plans for essays that you can adapt to the questions will all help too.

HSC
less time on bos/facebook/myspace/internet in general will definitely help
+1

but try to temporarily ban yourself from facebook, myspace and MSN as they cause to much distraction. BoS is somewhat educational, but spend less time on it. :)

HSC
At the library studying. Probably get there at 9:30-10:00am and leave at 5:00-6:00pm. Have lunch and afternoon tea breaks. A lot of study for English, Ancient, Modern and Music. A bit for Maths and Visual Arts (most of my study for Art will happen after my Modern exam because I've got a week between both exams).
Same as last holidays basically.
I did this. Generally got to the library at about 9.30, left about 5pm. Focussed largely on my first four exams, as they were within a week. After my fourth exam, I had eight days until my last. So spent my time at the library just on that subject - mostly past papers, then study to improve those responses.

Funnily enough, that last exam, which had been my worst subject at school, ended up being my best mark overall.

HSC
No.. By 14 hours I meant, 7 hours study, 7 hour break, then relax or sleep for the other 10 hours of the day.
ohhhhh right haha. i thought you meant 14hrs solid study and im thinking yepp ok someones officially gone insane.
sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)