How to study efficiently with humanities subjects? (1 Viewer)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
I have good study habits and I'm willing to achieve my goals. However, I was wondering if anyone has good tips for refining knowledge as efficiently as possible (within max. 4 hours of study a day) with subjects like English Advanced & Extension, Modern History, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion besides timed past papers. Or is that good enough?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Just hand write everything. Over and over again. This is what I did for history.

I also did SORII and what I did was assigned a specific section to each religion I studied.

For example: For my essay, I was ALWAYS going to write about Islam no matter what. Had an adaptable essay memorised for any situation.
For those two 5 markers, I did Christianity, again, no matter what.
You get the idea. Made studying SOR super easy.

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
I personally read aloud. I find this method works best for me.

britaker

HSC
I handwrite my notes instead of typing them up. I don't know about the rest of y'alls but it improved my recall like craaaazy. (Started handwriting in term 1 this year - before then I always typed my notes).

Also for English, don't bother memorising entire paragraphs or essays. All you really need are your quotes (and if you can't make it up during the exam) your analysis.

waterlml

HSC
i do cafs and business, basically i tried to learn and momorise all the notes first, then i started to do past papers or revision questions with my books closed

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
For legal, just know all the appropriate legislation for each section and you can make up cases and newspaper articles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)