HOW to study maths? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
IceOnFire said:
Me 3 then.. :)
Me 4 :) Ahh fuck, already said that I was :eek:
Niksta123 said:
I find it helps me to have 2 pieces of cardboard (or however many sheets you need) stuck up in front of my desk on the wall..i have all the formulas etc i need from my txt book and they are just there when ever i look up so i can constantly remind myself of the proofs for similar triangles or the quadratic formula or whatever...it really helps me learn it! and then you dont have to keep looking up your text book cause you have the answer or formula right in front of you with a diagram!
That's a good method to learn your formulas actually :uhhuh:

Niksta123

HSC
try doing it in different colours as well, like for the things that you dont know as well as others like highlight them or do them in different colours to the ones that you know better!

Chocolat

HSC
For maths the only way that I think that you can study it is just by practicing, practicing, practicing! Before my yearlies, I went to my school library and borrowed some Maths textbooks and did the exercises from there for practice...download some practice exams from the resources on this site and practice them within time constraints...and if you ever are completely stuck on a problem, just go and ask your teacher.
Good luck! :D

blaury

HSC
i take a photo of random formula's and put it as my comp + phone wallpaper.. it works =p

*emi*

HSC
well... whether this method is actually effective, or just a way of me avoiding actually DOING maths questions i tend to write study notes for maths, i have the BEST book... i summarised the entire year 11 ext 1 course.. and then i summarised it again into a smaller notebook.. and then i summarised AGAIN into stuff to stick on my wardrobe
but i'm liking the mobile phone background HAHA
its annoying having exams so early... my friend stole all of my awesome maths notes for his yearly!!!
but i'm beginning to think that by just writing notes i really avoiding doing maths haha... because i always seem to go badly in practise papers :S
but lack of practise papers means lots of SILLY mistakes in exams =(
but my issue is... i learn something, i get it, and then a week later i will have forgotten it
any ideas?

*emi*

HSC
ew - more maths?
i'm thinking that my desire to write maths notes is a hint to stick to note-writing subjects... i.e. NO 4U MATHS FOR EMI!

*emi*

HSC
grrr.....
care to share some of your natural talent with poor lil old me???
hehe
*innocent angelic look*
or i could just pay you $5 to do my exam for me bahahaha....

IceOnFire

HSC
*emi* said:
grrr.....
care to share some of your natural talent with poor lil old me???
hehe
*innocent angelic look*
or i could just pay you $5 to do my exam for me bahahaha....
Hahahah what a player!!
*Devlish grin*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)