How to think of idea? (1 Viewer)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
lullaby.0716 said:
Thoughts generally come to me when I'm travelling somewhere or having a shower (which is pretty annoying as I need to remember them till I get out the shower) lol.
Or when I'm laying in bed, always just before I'm about to fall asleep... And then I have to make the effort of turning on a lamp, etc. Although sometimes if I can't find a notebook I just type it out on my mobile and save under notes or drafts...

lullaby.0716

HSC
N/A
naisAtoN said:
I just type it out on my mobile and save under notes or drafts...
same lol
I've even wrote on napkins several times..
Ideas are too precious to let them go..you can't imagine how upset I get when I lose the idea/phrase I had 2 seconds before...

snowconesyum

HSC
i agree!! so many nights i'd be lying in bed stressing over/actually THINKING about what my story would have in it, and all these ideas for scenes would come just as i was drifting off into sleep
- never wrote them down due to absolute laziness ;) o
r you know that feeling where you are so close to sleep that to break it and get up is impossible?
anyway, yes, in the morning i would rack my brains trying to remember.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
naisAtoN said:
Or when I'm laying in bed, always just before I'm about to fall asleep... And then I have to make the effort of turning on a lamp, etc. Although sometimes if I can't find a notebook I just type it out on my mobile and save under notes or drafts...
I have written stuff in the dark onto notepaper by the bedside. I can mostly read it in the morning, each line scrawled on top of the last LOL.

But think of poor JKR. She had NOTHING to write her idea on for hours on the train. And so she had to embellish and ponder on it until she could get to a pen and paper and create Harry Potter!

tinamuffins

HSC
lol oh dw i think many of us are in the same boat, I've changed constituents of genre so many times and i don't even have a definite storyline yet. What helped me develop my characters as well as establish a vague idea of my plot would probably be just recalling past moments in my life which initiated different emotions, then i would exaggerate them for my characters. Since I'm doing crime fiction as my genre, many tv series such as csi, dexter, the mentalist etc have broadened my horizons and i was able to develop something that challenge a conventional crime fic story:)
I guess you should just find things that inspire you, or try something different that may encourage you to experienced different emotions
Good luck

Freckles14

HSC
"Then remember, allegory and embellish."

How do you mean? I'm lost :|

I do the mobile thing too :) - sometimes it's just a quote or a line of description for something else.

I haven't started yet either, still have no idea what I'll do with my short story

u-borat

Banned
HSC
allegorical, pretentious, postmodern, feminist- those traits will lead your work to the promised land.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)