How was HSC performance?! (1 Viewer)

skankit

i think the school gets yoiur mark breakdown? maybe? i dunno, i know they do in other subjects, not sure about music. but they arent meant topass on your marks... doesnt mean they cant :p

i know it sucks soi much, i really wanna know my marks!!!!

MouNtY

I hope my teacher gets the breakdown...i'm sure he'd give us the marks...and if he doesn't i'm sure i'll be able to offer an incentive..lol

skankit

hehe yeah i hope they do too, it really sucks not knowing how you did! its like iput sooo much work into this and i like dun even know what marks i got!

I WANT CLOSURE, DAMNIT!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
argh mines on tomorow!!! ARGHHHHH breathe in..... breathe out....breathe in.......... breath out..........

skankit

dont worry geekie, youll be FINE! take as long as you want between each of your pieces! i wish id taken longer coz i got realy tired in my last piece

and remember ot breathe while your playing... and count your rests :( i came in early in 2 of my pieces coz of nerves.... stupid me

but i bet you wont, youll be fine! you have vizzuti to help you :uhhuh:

good luck!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
BARRRGHHHHERHAOIYVB WAG!~
we have ours on friday...we're setting up the performance space
it's so scary!
wow, everyone seems so confident they went well!
you guys don't go to special music schools by any chance, do you? :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
GOOD LUCK TRUMPET GEEK!

i'd really rather have mine in the first week, ours is on the last day of the exam block!
where all the markers are tired and cranky and put off music for life :)

kylie_robbo

We had ours today... everyone felt they went really well, better than in the Trials...

It was good (and our quickest pack-up)

petawb

I was really really happy with mine. I thought I'd be nervous but it turned out I wasn't, just excited.

The markers were really lovely, they bopped along to the songs and even nodded to each other. It was really encouraging :rolleyes:

They even cracked jokes in between songs about the amount of different accompanists I had (for one song, I had a choir, guitar, marimba, Djembe and percussion set.) They asked what I bribed them with, I said my love, but an accompanist in my 4th song revealed my chocolatey secret to the markers.

It was a really fun experience and whether I get zero, or whatever, I'm glad I had it.

Good luck everyone else about to do it, don't worry a second about it. Even if this is from a humble Music 1 singer :jedi:

AND GOOD LUCK JOE!! (trumpet geek) We newtowners stick together!

MouNtY

Crikket said:
you guys don't go to special music schools by any chance, do you? :D
haha, nah i don't. i go to doonside technology high school...but you gotta remember that just coz you don't go to a performing arts school, doesn't mean that your not as good...

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
having ur exam on the last day would suck heapz.. :( i wish u the best of luck crikket..

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
petawb said:
AND GOOD LUCK JOE!! (trumpet geek) We newtowners stick together!

thanks heaps!!! im on in about...3 or 4 hours!!! cant wait til its over! and im looking forward to the sight singing too!

chepas

HSC
You will love the sight singing. If you get the G Major one, it will be easy as hell :D

Good luck! Wait you should be in it now, or just finished? :rolleyes:

Also Good luck crikket! Do you have it like after school or late in the day? You poor soul...

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
YAY i just did it, didn't even get tired after 40 minutes or playing :), i did the sight singing in the middle of my program, got the F Major one... the examiners were heaps nice..only 5 auditions left :s.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
woo hoo i did mine today!! i screwd up one note in sightsinging - i had the D minor one... but i kept singing and hopefully they didnt notice... i kinda sang it a little flat. Anyway... my performance was alright!! My brass quintet went really well!!! And all my other pieces were ok... not the best ive ever played... all the notes where there - it just didnt feel comfortable while i was playign them. Oh well, i hit the high D at least!! Although it wasnt quite ff it was more of a mf. I played my last piece the best!!! i didnt look at the music much - i just tried to play it as if i was just enjoying it and stuff so yeah it started off well, and ended well. Ok, i stuffed up some stuff in the middle of my program but i managed to cover it up!! i hope! oh well they were only little things anyway nothing dramaticallly big!! im so glad its over!!!! woo hoo now its time to prepare for... con auditions!!!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
thanks chepas and moonstyla!
i did mine on friday...
it went on for ages! we started at 8:30 and left school around 6.
i didn't go as well as my trials, but i was too tired and overworked to care
now i'm not as tired and i am kicking myself for not trying harder

i hope one of us from this forum gets into encore!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
haha, just thought i might add, i haven't picked up my bass since my exam and i'm most likely to sell it and pick up the violin!
i've always wanted to play the violin...

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Crikket said:
haha, just thought i might add, i haven't picked up my bass since my exam and i'm most likely to sell it and pick up the violin!
i've always wanted to play the violin...
hahaha :p that is so random!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)