how was the exam? (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
4,586
Location
post-harry
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
music1 was .... alright.
first two exceprts were pretty good....
third was weird
and i ran out of time for the last one O__o

is it just me, or were the breaks in between the pieces NOT the amount of time it stated?!?! the two minute break felt like 40 seconds!!
 

chip

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2003
Messages
477
Location
sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
hey how quick did the exam go ...... i was like that wasn't an hour or something it was so quick
 

muli

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
82
Location
north shore
Originally posted by bubz :D
is it just me, or were the breaks in between the pieces NOT the amount of time it stated?!?! the two minute break felt like 40 seconds!!
I know the feelin bubz, it was the right time, but it races by when you're trying too write so much in so little time.
 

Weisy

the evenstar
Joined
Aug 2, 2002
Messages
656
Location
Here
Gender
Female
HSC
2002
Originally posted by MUS2
music 2 was really good. very interesting questions. the melodic dictation was crap though. i hate ross edwards!!!
Just on that Ross Edwards piece...it was Dawn Mantras right?? I premiered that piece when it came out a few years ago, after the olympics. The melodic dictation would have been hard for that.
 

Juliet

Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
304
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
I thought the music 1 was alright. i kept putting pictures everywhere, like for the pitch and texture and also the variety one. Yeah...that third one was way weird.
 

narrator

Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
195
Location
omnipotent
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
yeah it wasnt an hour, we had ours done in 45 minutes, the 30 second one was at least a ten second break...

id really like to measure the actual time slot of those

/edit/


errr...wtf!!! stupid school server and their inability to run anything regarding a computer....logged in as asylum, and posting as narrator...how gay!!!
 

parko

RN in 2007
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
141
Location
Newy
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
Originally posted by Weisy
Just on that Ross Edwards piece...it was Dawn Mantras right?? I premiered that piece when it came out a few years ago, after the olympics. The melodic dictation would have been hard for that.
yeah that was it. the melody was ok, i got that. but the rhythm was a killer, i had no idea. i dont think some of my bars were even.....hahahahaha

oh well, if you got it, then u deserve the marks. that was a tough question.

parko:D
 

cakes

hi
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
301
Location
sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
haha same here, i think my pitch was correct, but the rhythm... it was hard cause i couldnt establish the pulse properly..

grrr damn mixed metre
 

Dangar

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
125
Location
Sydney
Originally posted by parko
yeah that was it. the melody was ok, i got that. but the rhythm was a killer, i had no idea. i dont think some of my bars were even.....hahahahaha
parko:D
Yeah, I got outside and we were talking about it and my teacher did it with us and she's like the rhythm was really esy, I got like a whole bars rest in the middle how did you go?...I just had to look the other direction. A whole bars rest??!! please tell me you didn't get that!

I didn't like the question on the texture and structure one, or the mantra one. I think I only got two decent points for the mantra likeness, ah well. At least I liked the essay, I even had to ask for another booklet thingy :)
 

thatsrayor

New Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
15
Uh the mantra was terrible. Question 3 (the structure part, anyway) wasn't too nice either.

I swear it was impossible to find a pulse in that melodic dictation...
 

lemonade

Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
298
Location
Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I do Music 2 - Questions 3 and 4 were really hard :( and we had to talk about our additional topic.. :( i only got 2 pages for question four and only talked about 2 pieces. *sigh*
i dont think we got enough time to work out the structure properly.
I generally do well in the dictation because i have perfect pitch (bwahahaha) but i got a bit confused with the two parts... and the rhythm didnt seem right..

but anyway, there's my whinging.. :)
 

parko

RN in 2007
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
141
Location
Newy
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
Originally posted by Dangar
Yeah, I got outside and we were talking about it and my teacher did it with us and she's like the rhythm was really esy, I got like a whole bars rest in the middle how did you go?...I just had to look the other direction. A whole bars rest??!! please tell me you didn't get that!
no i didnt get a whole bar rest.... i did get a few tied notes that tied over bars.........hahaha i have no idea, i just heard long sustained bits and silence...meh i put anything trying to scrape marks!!!


Originally posted by lemonade
I do Music 2 - Questions 3 and 4 were really hard :( and we had to talk about our additional topic.. :( i only got 2 pages for question four and only talked about 2 pieces. *sigh*
yea i agree, the essay was annoying. i only got 2 and a bit pages out, mentioned 3 pieces in my intro, but only got to talk about 2.....oopsies !! oh well!!! i'm glad i read over mozarts 40 for my additional, man that came in handy!!

parko :D
 

turnip

New Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Messages
1
Location
the shire
oh i sucked in the whole music 2 test.. so much.. so much.. oh.. going to fail... oh well. i was heaps annoyed at myself though cos normally melody dictation is the thing that i can do .. but alas.. not this time..
xo kiz
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top