how was the exam? (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
music1 was .... alright.
first two exceprts were pretty good....
third was weird
and i ran out of time for the last one O__o

is it just me, or were the breaks in between the pieces NOT the amount of time it stated?!?! the two minute break felt like 40 seconds!!

chip

HSC
hey how quick did the exam go ...... i was like that wasn't an hour or something it was so quick

muli

Originally posted by bubz :D
is it just me, or were the breaks in between the pieces NOT the amount of time it stated?!?! the two minute break felt like 40 seconds!!
I know the feelin bubz, it was the right time, but it races by when you're trying too write so much in so little time.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by MUS2
music 2 was really good. very interesting questions. the melodic dictation was crap though. i hate ross edwards!!!
Just on that Ross Edwards piece...it was Dawn Mantras right?? I premiered that piece when it came out a few years ago, after the olympics. The melodic dictation would have been hard for that.

Juliet

HSC
I thought the music 1 was alright. i kept putting pictures everywhere, like for the pitch and texture and also the variety one. Yeah...that third one was way weird.

narrator

HSC
N/A
yeah it wasnt an hour, we had ours done in 45 minutes, the 30 second one was at least a ten second break...

id really like to measure the actual time slot of those

/edit/

errr...wtf!!! stupid school server and their inability to run anything regarding a computer....logged in as asylum, and posting as narrator...how gay!!!

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
Just on that Ross Edwards piece...it was Dawn Mantras right?? I premiered that piece when it came out a few years ago, after the olympics. The melodic dictation would have been hard for that.
yeah that was it. the melody was ok, i got that. but the rhythm was a killer, i had no idea. i dont think some of my bars were even.....hahahahaha

oh well, if you got it, then u deserve the marks. that was a tough question.

parko:D

cakes

hi
HSC
haha same here, i think my pitch was correct, but the rhythm... it was hard cause i couldnt establish the pulse properly..

grrr damn mixed metre

Dangar

Originally posted by parko
yeah that was it. the melody was ok, i got that. but the rhythm was a killer, i had no idea. i dont think some of my bars were even.....hahahahaha
parko:D
Yeah, I got outside and we were talking about it and my teacher did it with us and she's like the rhythm was really esy, I got like a whole bars rest in the middle how did you go?...I just had to look the other direction. A whole bars rest??!! please tell me you didn't get that!

I didn't like the question on the texture and structure one, or the mantra one. I think I only got two decent points for the mantra likeness, ah well. At least I liked the essay, I even had to ask for another booklet thingy :)

thatsrayor

Uh the mantra was terrible. Question 3 (the structure part, anyway) wasn't too nice either.

I swear it was impossible to find a pulse in that melodic dictation...

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I do Music 2 - Questions 3 and 4 were really hard :( and we had to talk about our additional topic.. :( i only got 2 pages for question four and only talked about 2 pieces. *sigh*
i dont think we got enough time to work out the structure properly.
I generally do well in the dictation because i have perfect pitch (bwahahaha) but i got a bit confused with the two parts... and the rhythm didnt seem right..

but anyway, there's my whinging.. :)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by Dangar
Yeah, I got outside and we were talking about it and my teacher did it with us and she's like the rhythm was really esy, I got like a whole bars rest in the middle how did you go?...I just had to look the other direction. A whole bars rest??!! please tell me you didn't get that!
no i didnt get a whole bar rest.... i did get a few tied notes that tied over bars.........hahaha i have no idea, i just heard long sustained bits and silence...meh i put anything trying to scrape marks!!!

Originally posted by lemonade
I do Music 2 - Questions 3 and 4 were really hard :( and we had to talk about our additional topic.. :( i only got 2 pages for question four and only talked about 2 pieces. *sigh*
yea i agree, the essay was annoying. i only got 2 and a bit pages out, mentioned 3 pieces in my intro, but only got to talk about 2.....oopsies !! oh well!!! i'm glad i read over mozarts 40 for my additional, man that came in handy!!

parko :D

turnip

oh i sucked in the whole music 2 test.. so much.. so much.. oh.. going to fail... oh well. i was heaps annoyed at myself though cos normally melody dictation is the thing that i can do .. but alas.. not this time..
xo kiz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)