how was the exam? (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
"mummy mummy mummmy I got mum in my tummy"

anyway hahahah... so how was the exam? good bad?

I don't do music! I'm just starting this to get counts! :D

chip

HSC
well for the people that did do music how did you find i thought it was good

the songs were awesome ....... really weird but awesome and i thought the questions were fair

holdoll

Music 1 was great!!! Some of them were kinda freaky though ay!! Like the one with that major screeching sound at the begining!!!!!

But i think I went well...I like the first piece the best it was funky!!

The 'unity' q was very pretty..

GO MUSIC...no more ever...:(

Goodluck everyone..much love.

Dammit

Music 1 Aural was great, easy questions and 'normal' pieces. nothing weird or crazy.

Question one was on pitch.
Question two was about the layers of sound
Question three was how does the composer maintain interest (CONTRAST).
Question four was how are the concepts used to create unity.

all the pieces were good.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
it was quite good i liked that piece ( the screechy )

:)

overall i liked it

MUS2

music 2 was really good. very interesting questions. the melodic dictation was crap though. i hate ross edwards!!!

cakes

hi
HSC
Originally posted by MUS2
music 2 was really good. very interesting questions. the melodic dictation was crap though. i hate ross edwards!!!
Arrghh that cor anglais!! *stab*
mine is so wrong lol... i had difficulty writing the rhythm.. stoopid polymetre.

that essay question.. i dont think i did too well there, my additional topic piece was by messiaen, who didnt CHOOSE his instruments, but were forced to compose for them coz they were the only ones in the prisoner of war camp :rolleyes:
had to do my best to bullshit my way thru..grr

while im at it, i'll also complain about that question about the 5 note rhythm figure thingo... hahah what crap=\

im so shit at music lol

cakes

hi
HSC
i cant believe we didnt get any chord/cadence questions! grr easy marks

sugared plum

HSC
My class hated the paper, although I didn't think it was that bad in all.
I didn't like the question about tension through structure and texture in the shostakovich though.
And the melody dictation was out of tune and out of time - the first note was NOT a dotted crotchet.

Blah

pink_guitar

Music 1 was alright....
Except that last question really sucked.. I forgot to write how they (concepts) showed unity... But I did OK...
YAY!! 2 exams done... 5 to go..
Cheers ;-)

muli

Is it just me or was it really hard to get that Piano Trio piece out of your head once ya came out of the Music 1 exam?

guy

HSC
Originally posted by muli
Is it just me or was it really hard to get that Piano Trio piece out of your head once ya came out of the Music 1 exam?
haha strings even

tash

lalalala
HSC
mus 1 wasn't too bad. none of the pieces were like 'what the hell' as in totally crazy can't write anything about this. yeah q3 was probably the closest to that. but i didn't find any of the pieces super fantastic either. eh whatever

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hell yeah...damn catchy song :) i preferred the last one with the screechy thing i thought that was mad :)

N

ND

What did you guys have to do during the exam? i don't do music, but as a long time guitarist am interested. Sounds like you're doing transcribing? How difficult is the stuff? I can't transcribe much without my guitar in my hands (unfortunately i wasn't blessed with perfect pitch). Did you have to pick harmonies and stuff too, or just single voice melodies? How complicated were the chords?

aplasticspoon

didnt have to notate anything if you couldnt. just had to do stuff like "using the concepts of music discusss how unity is acheived within the piece"

special K

damn! music one was SHIT HOT compared to what the poor music 2 ppl must've had to go thru... i feel sorry for u guys!

yeah i was madly in love with the excerpt for question 3... it was SUCH a good question to do on 'creating interest'... those accordians *teehee* i love it when there's weirdo excerpts everyone needs to get more excited about their 'music appreciation' here...
haydn's piano trio was chirpy and did stay in my head but i just wanted to smash the cd player after about the 3rd playing

must say tho, i was such a stupido... attempted to notate the drum ostinato from question 2 (tribal thingy) and sadly, it killed off the rest of my remaining braincells....

Last edited:
N

ND

Originally posted by aplasticspoon
didnt have to notate anything if you couldnt. just had to do stuff like "using the concepts of music discusss how unity is acheived within the piece"
wtf are you serious? Is there any syllabus that BoS hasn't made into a joke? (other than maths)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
music 2 was pretty good, i was quite surprised about it actually!

melody dictation sucked as usual, but meh i might scrape a 2 or 3 for it. better than a 0, i did get a few bars down so i was happy. Stuffed my essay up big time...very cranky!! i only got 2 pieces to talk about, ran out of time. when the examiner stopped the tape, it was 25 past 4, and i was told pens down at about a quater to 5. i thought we had an hour and a half for the entire exam?? oh well im not complaining, its over now and im ok with it all.

but the questions were very good, u just had to know it really

i agree, where were the naming chord questions and cadences and things!!! i like them!! easy marks

oh well, music is over!! wow, 11 years of work, and its all over and done with.........i never have to touch the piano again! (how sad a thought is that?!!!)

parko :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)