How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Continuing the thread that was made in the Preliminary forum (that was unfortunately locked :mad1:) , but it's now for the days of our HSC :)

So was how your school day?

Assembly: Welcome '08 to Year 12/HSC.
English: Started with our set text, My Place, and talked about Paper 1 of the AoS.
Biology: Did a practical on enzymes.
Modern: Received the syllabus for Germany, and started on a glossary and timeline.

First day back felt tiring for some reasons. :/

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Hahahaa...what school day??

Fuck, i had school today.....and thanks to the mistakes that the people over at school the website AND the NEWSLETTER said that it started tomorrow (on the 16th).

It started TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!

Then i rang them up and they said that it was a mistake.

...............:burn:

But i went to the motorshow today...so it was alright :)

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Ancient History: Got results back, talked about what the HSC course involved.
Study Period: Just went to the music toom and played some Guitar.
Art (2 Periods): Got exam results back and talked with friends as we'd finished all the work
IPT: Just talked about some basic stuff like Voip
English: Read a few pages of Brave New World

Easiest day ever.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Done ABW today. Twas fun. Was quite hot today though. Anybody felt weird today when they mentioned you as year 12's?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Legal Studies: Noooooo they combined our classes so now the class is huge and I have a different teacher and noooooo I miss my old class this is not cool at all :'(

Free: Tried to borrow this book "A History Of Reading" I apparently needed to have finished by today but I was away last week of term so wasn't aware. Had an overdue so couldn't technically borrow it, but the library staff love me (.....?) so lent it to me for the period. I got to read about reading! Envy me.

English Extension: laughed at my teacher's amusing anecdotes and cried at the amount of work we were given and the module we're doing. 'The Art Of Reading And Writing' what the fuck is this? Apparently around six other schools do it. I'll tell you why no one does it, because it's absolutely shit and should be avoided like the plague. I reiterate that I AM READING A BOOK ABOUT READING. I am going to kill myself before the term is over, it is so fucking ridiculous. And all the other classes get to do Crime Fiction :( :( Oh but my teacher mentioned BOS today, she was like "lol if you did Crime Fiction you could find heeeeeeeaps of notes and related texts, but good luck trying to find help with this module on that awful b-o-r-e-d of studies site" and I was like "lol". Then I was like :(

Economics: whoooo globalization whooooo. Nah it was a good lesson because I actually like my teacher AND the subject itself so yay Economics, do me.

Last edited:

mudcake42

HSC
Biology: FINALLY some good biology stuff learning about humans!!!!! Bio HSC is gonna be soooo much better then prelim

Maths ext 1: just continued on from last term

English: talked about the journey's and what it is and what texts we'll be doing etc etc.. apparently we're spending the whole week just learning about the portfolio and getting a grasp on journeys

Chem: continued ... I hope we dont do rust as our module (the ships one), looks snore town

FIRST MATHS EXT. 2 LESSON: actually really easy lol I now know that i^2 = -1 lol

Pretty easy day although I'm gonna be flat out for the whole year

HSC
Ancient History: Was told about what we would do this term
Legal studies: Told what we would do this term
Economics: Continued work from last term

Then had this thing where we got a presentation about the HSC.

Year 12. YAY. =.="

zy

HSC
oh god, everyone at my school still has to do preliminary work.

business studies: continuation of preliminary work
ipt: analogue/digital data
ancient history: overview of the HSC course
maths: continuation of preliminary work

yennie B

HSC
today was *high pitched voice*-- totally freak me out AWWESOME.

Eng ext: crime fiction- ok anything with a crime is classified under crime fiction!

oh we had a final cervical cancer vaccination. that f'ing :eek:

Eng adv: i cannot get around the concept of 'imaginative journey'. and wait for this-- we're doing KING LEAR... yayyyyyy :)sleep:)

and the rest need not to be documented.

and i saw nessarrhh. and she looked black :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
We're still waiting for where or not our extension applications were successful. :/

I'm thinking History Extension classes will start Week 2, and MX2 classes in Week 3 :(

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Oh yeah, I'm allowed to do EE2 wooooo! Starts Week 3 I think.

genril

Banned
HSC
saw a kick ass fight at lunch between two year 10 dudes, not going to bother posting about the other shit because it's boring.

HSC
Only notable period: in english extension I discovered I went well in the test, decided I'm going to stick with it instead of my previous plans to drop it. Also we're doing speculative fiction, not crime fiction like most people.

Looking forward to the next few days but I'm sure the feeling will wear off soon.

sle3pe3bumz said:
Done ABW today. Twas fun. Was quite hot today though.
Australian Business Week? I did that last year, it was awesome yeah. If that's not what you mean, ehh.

yennie B

HSC
oh and did i mention we have to hang onto the subjects we want to drop till WEEK 5!

nottellingu

HSC
Kujah said:
I'm thinking History Extension classes will start Week 2, and MX2 classes in Week 3 :(
We started MX2 first two periods of the day:) 'Complex numbers'.

As for the school day it was just teachers trying to scare us:mad1:
Freakin english teacher gave half the class a copy of My Place and left out the other half because she ran out of copies..ffarrroouuty....

patty4848

HSC
We just went through our test papers from last term which the teachers marked during the hols...we don't start year 12 til next week!

HSC
Ahh, yesterday went better than expected actually. I was delightfully surprised :) .
Started new topics in everything except Bio. I still don't understand the point of continuing the Preliminary work in Bio... : |.
Don't know if I got into Ext II English...
We never had to go through a formal application process...our teacher just told us that if we wanted to do it, we should "express our interest" to him. I'm thinking I'll find out today though...I have Ext I first period...so yes, he might say something then.

cccclaire

HSC
My school has become home to about a million moths over the holidays =/
apart from that my first day back was pretty good.
i have a really good time-table so I'm pretty pleased about that.
Plus I got to finish at lunch.

happii

HSC
man i have been having exams all this week.... got pdh music and business to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)